• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Coronavirus mutations

I didn't know Stephen Buhner had a blog, apparently because all his posts on facebook are immediately taken down by facebook he now posts on his blog instead.

I was reading this blog entry https://www.stephenharrodbuhner.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/covidupdates.mutations.txt.pdf

Came across a section discussing SARS mutations in an immunocompromised patient, which was rather worrying.

Analysis of SARS-CoV-2 has found that it took up residence in a number of immunocompromised people around the world, learning a great deal from them in the process. The virus then recombined its genome, creating more adaptable forms that are better able to live within us. In one Boston hospital a 45-year-old severely immuno-compromised man remained ill with the infection for five months. Doctors sequenced the virus from the beginning and found that more and more mutations occurred, twenty-one by the end. The virus was experimenting with alterations in the spike protein to find the ones best suited to evade immune responses. After the man was given a new antibody drug, the virus immediately developed alterations to evade it. This exact same process occurred nearly simultaneously in countries throughout the world. As molecular epidemiologist Emma Hodcroft commented, “It becomes almost like a training course for how to live within the human immune system.”

So it seems covid will do the same as HIV in an immunocompromised patient, also maybe this is why certain treatments we take work for a few weeks or months, but if the virus doesn't die off or go properly dormant, it mutates and then the treatments become useless.

Which makes me wonder if this protocol can work long term, while the glucans should stimulate the immune system, and the triterpenes should point out the "bad" cells, which is a better approach than taking an anti viral (which only works for one virus) - what about entereoviral infections?

We know (Well not sure we do actually but I say it anyway) that stimulating the immune response won't deal with enteroviral infections, but we do know that stimulating a high th1 response, does deal with enteroviral infections. Which again makes more sense because if a specific anti viral was used, the virus would adapt.

But I wonder how entereoviral infections will react to higher doses of NAC (I've been taking 2g 3x a day) or higher doses of chinese skullcap root - both of which might simply piss the virus off causing it to mutate so it doesn't get killed. Will that ultimately make me sicker?

--

I started taking 2g skullcap root 3x a day today, mild immune reaction if anything but nothing overly noticeable. Also started the NOW Egcg, it looks different again to the supplement brand, not dark red/grown but a dark pink instead. So far I think I've felt less stimulated from the new egcg, but only time will tell really. Plus I took 300mg thiamine in an attempt to "shift" any debris in my body.

Of course I am 6 to 7 weeks out from the second covid jab and still not 100% recovered, probably 90% but waking up with fatigue, also waking up in the night with a sore throat and a blocked nose. Lateral flow tests are negative.
Reactions: Judee

Comments

I'm still hearing rumors of them taking NAC off the otc market soon so you may want to stock up.

The rumors say they are going to make it into a prescription medication or have already.

One woman says she can still get it because her doctor wrote her a prescription.

Yeah that's state side, it's not clear if it will happen over here. To be honest hte UK is such a mess right now, focus being on racism, crime, politics and brexit, oh and the silliness surrounding covid stupidity, I can't see anything else getting time. I could be wrong of course!

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...