• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Day 22 dose 4

Dose 3 was
Egcg 125mg
No lion's mane
480mg reishi
No oat bran
Rest of protocol the same

As discussed for the hell of it I tried 325mg egcg in the am and at lunch. I still had dizziness while at this dose but it wasn't a major concern. In that I wasn't worried it was a sign of something bad. Not yet anyway.

As of this evening the dizziness was worse after taking the reishi extract. Which is kind of what I've noticed the whole 22 days but this time I took it 2 hours after everything else. So it could only be that that had the effect. My lymph nodes were thick and squidgy after this dose and returned to a normal size an hour or so later. So my immune system is still dumping something when taking the resihi extract. Again not surprising as over the last 3 years ive take all sorts of traditional remedies and noticed that.

So today was a success really. Unless I wake up crashed with very and fatigue in the morning - hoping not!! I'm still trusting that the gdh pathway is a common ME pathway. Which for all I know it might not be.

Today I drove for about an hour but all broken up, painted for half an hour, exerted myself at the higher limit of what's made me crash in the last 2 weeks, did some shopping. I only noticed dizziness and physical muscular fatigue at the end of the painting session + neck stiffness was a lot worse after painting.

But really if I crash badly in the morning this experiments pretty much been a failure. So we will see. Personally I'm confident I'll wake up with fatigue and feel a tad rough tomorrow morning. As I have almost every day recently.

So differences to pre protocol:
X PEM and fatigue does appear to be blocked for daily chores and work (not inc any exercise of any kind)
X mental clarity is better but only on a good day. On a bad day the neuro inflammation comes right back. Which makes you feel like your heads swimming all day.
X neck stiffness much better. Able to concentrate and have my neck at angles (think reading, or bent over doing a puzzle. That sort of thing) which wasn't possible before at all.
X can read out loud for periods without totally buggering up my voice box etc
X cranial cervical junction inflammation. Right in the centre just below be skull bone at the back has gone. I haven't felt this for a few days now maybe 4 days. It just seems to have totally lifted.
X Occipital swelling also seems to be gone
X able to go out each day if need be, usually tires me out but I can do this without feeling really sick and unwell post.
X ME sore throat feeling has gone.
X allergies might have improved but to be honest I won't really know if there true until Feb next year. Because my allergies are worse when tree pollen first goes into the air.
X chemical sensitives seem vastly improved. Not really sure this has anything to do with the protocol. But I can tolerate right guard anti perspirant again. I am in a very chemical free house though and suspect this has a lot to do with it.
X Ulcers (not had any for 22 days) and wound healing in the mouth is much better. The gylcine has been very sharp and acidic and even though this has sharpened my teeth i haven't had any oral complaints. Won't know if this has properly worked for a few months, but this was a very annoying symptom that used to drive me mad.

For contrast I did not feel this good last summer. Whilst summer used to make me feel better that all stopped 2 years ago when my body just seemed to become a lot worse and I didn't really improve in the summer months much.

History wise that's important for the reader: I've always felt better taking some traditional remedies in the right therapeutic dose. So Lauricidin at 9000mg a day. Andrographis at 8g a day. Ginseng (only ever managed to feel good taking the Holland and Barrett brand. ) But as it causes me to become vulnerable to bacterial infections I wouldn't touch it now . So that might explain why I and seeing some symptoms go away?

Update: At 7pm began to crash, felt all my muscles siezing up across my body (this was 2 hours after the 125mg egcg dose, so it should still have been working at this point). I took a wild guess that it might be high levels of ROS because my muscles felt very stiff and leady, but also felt like the start of a crash where the energy would get pulled out after awhile. So I took glycine (evening dose) but added r-ala and my usual magnesium ascorbate. I took the glycine and the r-ala first and I could feel that rapidly lowering the tension and stiffness pretty quickly. It's 9pm now and my body stopped crashing about 7.30/8pm. Neck stiffness has gone as well. So seems like I just needed ROS management.

Comments

Very possible like you say. Quite possible the jab may totally bugger me up. But as it's my second jab I'm more confident it won't. If that makes sense.

I'll be stopping the lion's mane oat bran and part of the reishi but don't intend to stop the rest as it should help the body deal with any immune responses instead of making it worse. The egcg is a wild card haven't really got a clue what that will do. But I'll keep taking it and hope it's not the wrong decision.

Very possible like you say. Quite possible the jab may totally bugger me up. But as it's my second jab I'm more confident it won't. If that makes sense.

I'll be stopping the lion's mane oat bran and part of the reishi but don't intend to stop the rest as it should help the body deal with any immune responses instead of making it worse. The egcg is a wild card haven't really got a clue what that will do. But I'll keep taking it and hope it's not the wrong decision.

According to our model, the challenge here is - if you stop the reishi, EGCG, you’ll return to a state of “broken” purine nucleotide cycle again, meaning that when you start again, you’ll have that ammonia dump phase / need for sodium benzoate, etc again.

I can’t comment on what the jab would do in this situation, however I know someone else doing the same thing today with the Pfizer vaccine first jab. I think they’ve stopped the lions mane only.

Yep to clarify I've stopped the lions mane/oat bran but not the egcg/reishi.

Stopped the oat bran because I found out it was giving me the most vile gas and was causing my piles to become very irritated. Not pleasant! I may just have to find a beta glucan source and take that instead, maybe souped up lions mane extract lol!

Yep to clarify I've stopped the lions mane/oat bran but not the egcg/reishi.

Stopped the oat bran because I found out it was giving me the most vile gas and was causing my piles to become very irritated. Not pleasant! I may just have to find a beta glucan source and take that instead, maybe souped up lions mane extract lol!
I’d possibly take that as the piles being remediated. I’ve heard of similar things already, whereby haemorrhoids started disappearing, etc.

As for the gas - I suspect your gut microbiome will adapt and this will stop soon enough. 😂

I mentioned this lovely item in the protocol spec.. seems to feature for 1-2 weeks.

Nah the Piles were fine pre oat bran trust me. I may try again though, but the gas is disgusting. That puts me off more! :p

Well in a week or two once everythings settled I can re-add it. For the time being though the rest appears to be enough.

Nah the Piles were fine pre oat bran trust me. I may try again though, but the gas is disgusting. That puts me off more! :p

Well in a week or two once everythings settled I can re-add it. For the time being though the rest appears to be enough.
You know things are bad when you’re offended by your own gas. 🤔😂

lol, it's like extreme sulfur, I think seeing the life drained from my gf's eyes is probably what gave me the shock I needed to re-consider the oats (joke).

Would the R-ALA really be pulling it out though? Chelation therapy requires a few dual agents.
R-ALA is rather impressive at this. I've been toying with the idea of including activated charcoal in the method, however this can also bind up useful things. I considered the oat bran was going to bind anyway and fix up the gallbladder / bile issues at the same time. Fixing the gallbladder is also necessary to fix one of the GDH elevation issues and SIBO anyway.

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/76/5/1111/4689591
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8031735/

Really? Man I had no idea oat bran did that. Sorry I wrote that wrong. I new ala would move metals but what I meant was r-ala alone isn't enough to safely move them all. So it could potentially do harm. However as it's dosed every 4 hours maybe not.

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
4 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...