• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Day 16 - Dose 4

Started to crash tonight after exertion from today. Very slow gradual crash but it's like the energy is being sucked out of my cells as it happens.

EGCG doesn't really seem to be blocking this, although I think it is having an effect on blood vessel dilation potentially, I haven't googled it for any corroborative research. But it might explain why the swelling at the back of my head is/was better but not hugely better/disappeared.

I was thinking tonight about the ROS aspect of CFS/ME and seemingly even when you throw all of these things at the body 4x a day to reduce ROS, the body still manages to generate a load of ROS anyway. So how you can really get this into balance I'm not sure.

Had a chat with family tonight on my phone (video) and started to feel pretty dizzy and crashy after 20 minutes. So exertional tolerance still feels pretty poor on the whole.

One thing that isn't discussed in this disease model is anti inflammatories or anti histamine/h2 blocking aspects. Both of which have been shown to be problematic and in some protocols like Pridgin. Even though high levels of inflammation appear to be more in line with FM than ME, I wonder if it would still be helpful to get this under control. As for the histamine and h2 blocking aspects, there's obvious potential anti viral effects but there might also be MCAS beneficial effects too. In the disease model Josh discusses this is resolved via various pathologies being attenuated and healed via the protocol. I guess inflammation is meant to go down when ROS goes down as well, but I wonder if this is enough in every case.

For many years I got a lot of benefit from andrographis paniculata. I used to be able to drive around for several hours in the summer months when taking this 4x a day. I've written a huge thread about this plant on PR already, but its effects are strong and its antiviral effect according to Hip's pharmalogical calculations make it 1/4 the strength of valtrex - which is quite something. This is an in vivo calculation, not in vitro.

I mention this because I had a thought, what if the high levels of ROS are causing the inflammation in the back of my head? At the same time it could literally be viral infection in the brain stem, near the spinal tissue, in the brain or near the skull. But figuring that out is difficult.

It's also possible that as the weeks go by other symptoms might ameliorate, but as I still don't have control over PEM I am not really sure about that.
Reactions: joshua.leisk

Comments

As a side note - the "dizzy and crashy" you can expect from the immune response. Exercising during the immune response is reported to add to this, however it shouldn't be causing the usual PEM / last for any long lengths of time.

@joshua.leisk, mentioned LOLA powder in another thread when talking about version 2 of the protocol.

It has L-Ornithine in it and I wonder if you couldn't try that now?

I still tend to think a lot of us PwME deal with excessive ammonia issues on a regular basis and probably now more so on this protocol?

...Especially with adding the extra protein in the form of whey powder and BCAAs that some are using.

I always feel a bit better when I reduce my ammonia levels. Also reviews on Amazon seem to indicate that it improves sleep quality. The one supplement I use that has it actually helps me wake up a tiny bit refreshed which is not the norm for me otherwise.

@joshua.leisk, mentioned LOLA powder in another thread when talking about version 2 of the protocol.

It has L-Ornithine in it and I wonder if you couldn't try that now?

I still tend to think a lot of us PwME deal with excessive ammonia issues on a regular basis and probably now more so on this protocol?

...Especially with adding the extra protein with the whey powder and BCAAs that some are using.
The ammonia spikes in the beginning of the protocol as the purine nucleotide cycle unblocks. However, once this has cleared and the a-KGDH : GDH balance reached, ongoing ammonia issues should not be experienced in this model. ☺️👍🏻

I'll check this out Judee. My night wasn't too bad although I feel very tired but to be honest I felt tired before bed so if anything that's a good thing. I'll be posting about it soon.

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...
  • Covid day 36
    I've been suffering with a ton of inflammation since about week 2...