• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Second Amalgam Removal

I still consider this to be the worst thing that ever happened to me.

When I arrived at the dentist January 19, 2011, I was very ill. I told him that I was suspicious that this was directly related to the amalgam removal. I also told him about my response to thyroid pills and that there is a connection between Hg and thyroid function.

He said that he did not know what was happening to me but it wouldn't have anything to do with the amalgam removal. Because I was impatient to get them out, we went ahead with the work. I was in the chair for a couple of hours this time.

Again, it was 2 days later and I woke up so, so, sick. The brain-fog was horrible, my IQ was in my boots! I was having a hard time getting out of bed and my temperature dropped to less than 35C.

4 days after amalgam removal I was to start my first dose of chelator. Even though I did most of the chelation with alpha-lipoic acid, we are not allowed to used that until 3 months after all exposure to Hg has ended. I started with DMSA.

I had the first dose sitting on the table but I was afraid to take it as a percentage of people felt worse when they did. I told my wife that I didn't know if I would be able to endure much more. I was the sickest that I had ever been in my life, I couldn't think and I could barely stand.

Luckily it made me feel just a tiny bit better...enough that I didn't want to come off of that first round. Or I thought that I didn't at any rate. After a couple of days I started to slip again and this would eventually become my pattern. Feel sick - start round - have a little bit better day - start to slip - feel worse - stop round - IV Vit C to avoid a crash.

Since this is not being read, at least to my knowledge it isn't, I am going to just stop when I get tired of writing as opposed to trying to create chapters. This is harder than I thought. Writing about this brings back some memories that affect my emotions.
Reactions: Lalia

Comments

Thank you for taking the time and energy to share your story, there are so many of us who trawl through the information on PR looking for clues. Every post is appreciated, especially given the physical and emotional toll it takes on the person posting.

Blog entry information

Author
stridor
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from stridor