• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cycle 16: Added Heat Shock Protein inducer regimen

Continued previous entry "Yesterday on 11/12/2020 at 7 PM on day 2 cycle 15 off I added additional heat shock protein (HSP) inducers because they are supposed to have a 48 hour effect to raise heat schock proteins which help apoptosis. They include: alcohol (2 glasses white wine), nicotine (vape) and heat (hot bath soak at 107F in a room heated to 80F). I could handle about 15 minutes of the bath and it raised my body temp by one degree. I had to do it this way because I have no access to a sauna at my current apartment and it would have been closed down due to covid. HSP enhancers (alcohol, nicotine) lower the amount of heat necessary to trigger productio of the heat shock proteins so hopefully this regimen will work. It did appear to enhance apoptosis and I did notice reduction in the appetite sensed doses for the supplements. Also apoptosis was more vigorous with paresthesia of the metatarsals on the left side."

See previous post for photos. Continuing to improve with reduction in d-ribose appetite that probably indicates enhanced energy production with clearance of immortalized (chronic virally infected) cells.

Comments

PM day 1 off photo. Faster clearance.

Attachments

• 20201116_193024[1].jpg
    20201116_193024[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
My activity level just boosted to six for sedentary work. I can manage about three hours of nonsedentary work. :woot:

I still am managing moderate-high pain in the metacarpals from the apoptosis.

I worked about two days ago on the the first off day-2 sets of 12 repetitions for push ups, pull ups and squats and need more healing time as my legs are still moderately sore so I'm going to delay the on supplements until they recover as they will stop muscle regeneration. I'll use licorice in the meantime to keep the coxsackievirus occupied.

My mood is so much better. Still managing fatigue.

Last edited:
I ended up not extending the off time for exercise recovery and barely squeaked it out in two days with a lot of extra rest and protein. Last night I noticed that sleep quality is definitely worsened on the "on" supplements and while night apoptosis is occurring past anxiety and some throat swelling returned but was of a significantly lower intensity. Here is an AM progress photo at cycle 17 on, day 2.

Mentally I'm also noticing that I am snapping out of a depersonalized state more frequently. Previously I would rarely snap in the evenings. Now I'm getting it even in the mornings and much more regularly. It is quite disorienting when it happens since I am so used to being depersonalized. I saw new research that proves that depression and anxiety come from problems in the cingulate gyrus of the brain (frontal lobe) so I am not surprised that as this area improves it helps anxiety, depression and depersonalization.

Considering DRACO/VTose I have concerns that aside from them targeting the wrong caspase, given the amount of infected cells it may produce an over reaction due to activating too many cells at one time. I can't imagine having to apoptose my entire body at once- the pain and swelling would be devastating. My supplement approach takes several months and is progressive because it is limited by the number of T-cells available and they have to contact the cells layer by layer. VTose doesn't require T-cells so it may cause serious cytokine storm problems by apoptosing too many cells at once for the body to handle.

Attachments

• 20201118_082948_1[1].jpg
    20201118_082948_1[1].jpg
    906.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I just remembered that I noticed my left armpit lymph nodes were mildly tender and enlarged while having cold symptoms however they resolved normally. In the beginning of my ME I had chronically enlarged and tender lymph nodes. They improved after doxycycline and GcMAF. It is good to know that my immune response is functioning normally.

This morning's photo. Cycle 19 on day 1. The dark scars are lightening because of a silicone scar gel.

Attachments

• 20201126_104717[1].jpg
    20201126_104717[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
Cycle 21 off day 1. Energy about 55% normal.

"Still swimming swimming swimming" -Finding Nemo.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• 20201205_082645[1].jpg
    20201205_082645[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Two days ago I ventured out into the winter cold and had a raynaud's flare up. My sister also has it. I only started getting it 6 years after ME when I developed systemic lupus erythematosis. Previously I had full Raynaud's disease over my entire hand but at this point with immunotherapy the raunaud's only affects the distal phalanges which are wrinkled and become red and painful. This corresponds to the inflammation you see in the last foot photo. This suggests that the raynaud's is related to the inflammation in the remaining virally infected tissues and is exciting because it means the treatment may be a cure for Raynaud's disease.

Here's a presentation from Dr. Brupesh Prusty showing that HHV6 is very common in ME patients and that the virally infected cells secrete a chemical which causes mitochondral fragmentation that disables healthy mitochondria even without viral infection.

According to Prusty this is reversible if you remove the chemical. My idea is to kill off the HHV6 cells to remove the chemical. After removal you get recovery in four days.

The periosteum of some tarsal bones are painful today. Good pain management is important.

Prusty really helped me understand why apoptosis is so energy draining. These cells are fragmenting, releasing all of their stored pro-mitochondrial fragmenting chemicals at once. No wonder there is such a huge energy drain. The only way to end it is to finish the apoptosis die off and then, according to Prusty, after four days I should go back to normal after the chemicals clear.

Vices that actually help
I've been using vaped nicotine as one of the apoptosis stimulators. I became interested in alcohol after reading that whisky has health benefits. After researching the literature it turns ot that alcohol in small amounts is actually an apoptosis enhancer. For the past two weeks I've been using about 1/5th of a small shot glass of whisky (per appetite) several times per day and it definitely works when used with the other supplements. Who would have thought something that is considered a vice actually could end up helping?

Progress continues with reducing the periostitis.

I'm almost at the 1 year mark for this treatment. I said it was slow. Honestly, I wonder if the DRACO-Vtose treatment was modified for caspase 7 whether a person could handle having so much apoptosis at once. It would be like having both legs killed at once and then having to heal with the dead tissue in place. The pain would be unreal.

Latest progress photos. In the one from Jan 1, 2021 you can see red bands over the burning pain areas over the dorsal surface near the metatarsal heads and proximal toes where it is actively apoptosing.

Attachments

• 20201218_183328[1].jpg
    20201218_183328[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 20201231_184110[1].jpg
    20201231_184110[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 20210101_230218[1].jpg
    20210101_230218[1].jpg
    875.4 KB · Views: 21

Blog entry information

Author