• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

User Blogs

Categories

Lisa
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
The allergy season marches onwards while I remain hunkered down inside waiting for my chance to spring forth and begin my garden in a few more weeks. The alders above our tent have not fully started pollinating yet, though they are no more than two weeks away from turning our camp yellow...
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I had to cave in and take the pain med. And basically been crying from the pain and a thousand other reasons. There is no escape, no help coming. It will not go away. I went to Walmart today. I thought getting out on a nice day like today would make me feel better. It didn't. I was...
Misfit Toy
5 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I bought a ticket to see the play "Wicked" in NYC months back when I was doing better. Going to Broadway is pretty expensive and this was a Christmas present. I really didn't think I would make it because early in the week I had a major falling out with my family and the stress has put me in...
jace
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
A thousand years ago, sick people were thought to be bearing the results of their sins, invaded by evil spirits, and other such gobbledegook. Sound familiar? Until recently lepers were shunned, feared and driven out of society. Two hundred years ago most diseases were treated by bleeding...
Victoria
5 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
You may not be able to change what youve got & what life has dished up to you on a platter, but you can change what you wish you had. Needs & desires shape our lives, & what we perceive as being important or crucial to our happiness, is really just a state of mind.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =...
I am forever fighting, forever trying something else, forever reading, looking for new research, someone Else's story of recovery, a new supplement or something that helped someone else. It took me a long time just to except the cfs diagnosis. How can a "syndrome" make you feel worse than...
Treatment #12 I hope this doesn't gross you out, but yesterday I ran to the toilet 9 times and had nothing to show for it. Yes, another surprise, yet not altogether bad result of my Ampligen treatment. But one I actually was happy about. Let me explain. I guess I'm now considered a veteran...
jace
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
When I posted my introduction, someone asked to hear more about my sailing exploits, preME. So here's a stab at that idea. A bit of purple prose, way off-topic! North by east we fly, two days out of Gibralter, with the High Sierras silhouetted in the sunset far off the port beam. Seas wide...
Treatment #11 I made three very small changes in my protocol today, and although I really can't determine scientifically their effect, experientially I can say that while all three were very minor, percentage-wise, collectively they added up to a big difference in how I felt. As usual, to me...
I am flat on my back again.....soooo tired. After 23yr with cfs will I ever get used to these total wipe outs:Retro mad: well at least I can be thank full for the fact that I am not bedridden anymore. I asked myself what happened, why the crash....maybe because I had to take another verbal abuse...
Cort
7 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
(Vistide is a very strong drug with potentially very negative side effects that Dr. Peterson has been using in select patients for several years now. HVS has been telling about his experiences with the drug on the Forums and agreed to lay them out in a more organized fashion) Why did you...
I had an altercation last night with my family. I am quite unwell due to it. What is worse, CFS or the stress it brings? I can't distinguish the 2. My mother is semi wealthy. I had a long talk with her about making it so that her will leaves a lot of her money to me. By no means, not all...
Victoria
4 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
It was a Great Day Today! (did you get that?) IT WAS A GREAT DAY TODAY! (my bank account got a nice injection of $$$ :victory:). This will be one of my briefest Blogs you'll be pleased to know. Most of the older members will know that I'm really good at the Longest Blog in the World. I...
starryeyes
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Hi Gen, I'm very glad you found this site. We have a great sangha here. :) We have a Buddhism thread down in the Lounge too, you might want to check out. Many of us feel that CFS is a short cut to a more spiritual existence. I hope you start feeling better too. tee
Reflecting on the stages of grief, and proposing a 9th (or so) stage: Action. From my blog which I started before arriving here. Various models assign 5 to 7 stages to the grieving process. They say we work through grief in stages from denial to acceptance. I'd like to propose that a...
willow
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Just found this Gen. Very beautiful! Hugs Willow
Victoria
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Sounds like you've got your priorities in the right order, Genevieve. Herbal Medicine is a great way to go, but sometimes you get worse before you get better. On the whole, Chinese herbal medicine seems to take about 3 months to really settle in to your system. As I mentioned further down the...
kurt
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
[I don't know why this is listed as my blog, this below is my response to another blogger, Genevieve? Who may be off the forum now, or her blog may have been removed and my response put in its place? Anyway, the comments below are probably to the original blog post, now missing... --Kurt]...
Cort
5 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
A small Dutch study found zero evidence of XMRV in chronic fatigue syndrome patients. In some ways it was the weakest study of the bunch; it used quite old samples and a watered down criteria but it did use the same primers and used a similar amount of nucleic acid. They searched for sequences...
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I never got to go to my high school prom. I had actually skipped a year of high school and it was by accident. They had accidentally put me in classes a year ahead, and because I was a straight A student even in those classes, when they realized what they had done, they let me graduate a year...
Back