• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

User Blogs

Categories

Nielk
6 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
This is for a member who made specific comments and others who stayed silent about it. Because it is ignorance that breeds hatred. It is ignorance that promotes bigotry and if ignored might result in violence. Jewish "Control" of the Federal Reserve: A Classic Anti-Semitic Myth...
Hi everyone, Tonight, Prof. Klimas will appear on the CBS Evening News to speak about a new study showing Spinal Cord inflammation in ME which is great. We need more studies showing encephalitis and myelitis in order to get people to call our disease ME rather than "CFS." As Klimas is in...
muffin
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Posted By: Tina Tidmore via Muffin Win up to $400 in the ME/CFS Awareness Day Video PSA Contest From their beds and wheelchairs, many patients worked together to place the first-ever ME/CFS ad in The Washington Post. Now its time to tackle a media ad on a grander scale; video. We would...
And now for something (slightly) different and absolutely artistic ... Well known published Author, Writer, Artist & Editor Terri Windling, from Arizona and currently residing in Devon, UK, is an established blogger whose website is choc full of her delightful, unique illustrations and...
Merry
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Dim Lady by Harryette Mullen My honeybunch's peepers are nothing like neon. Today's special at Red Lobster is redder than her kisser. If Liquid Paper is white, her racks are institutional beige. If her mop were Slinkys, dishwater Slinkys would grow on her noggin. I have seen...
My doctor who wont give me any melatonin, is on holidays.... so I thought I'd use that situation to my advantage and go and see the temporary doc. for while he's away and try the get fill in doc to give me prescription for some melatonin. So I took the empty box of my last lot of melatonin...
Hi All, Here is a quick article I saw on Natural News about Tart Cherries and muscle recovery. For what it's worth :) A peer-reviewed study put out by Michigan State University in 2008 identified a compound in tart cherries that helps naturally relieve pain better than over-the-counter...
muffin
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Report of Patient Donations & Expenses: MCWPA Fundraising (Posted by Muffin on behalf of MCWPA Fundraising Team Leader, Karen Ravitz. Note the Facebook Causes site makes our fundraising efforts transparent to all). We are pleased to announce that we have received enough donations to issue a...
muffin
7 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Please copy and past the Press Release below written by Tina Tidmore that discusses the Retroviroloy study that found XMRV in various organs of monkey organs. The Retrovirus left the blood in days but found its way into several organs. This study must be used to counter the very DEADLY Lancet...
Hi All, I posted a blog about the Chopra Center 21 Meditation Challenge. Well one evening while not sleeping I also found additional guided meditations in their library, so I wanted to share for those of you who are interested. Namaste Hope Love Light...
Kim McCleary's response on cnn.com to the PACE Trial results bums me out. http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/02/17/chronic.fatigue/ EDIT: This text of the CNN article added: [EDIT; reference to NPR piece and facebook added:] and it bums me out here too on NPR (audio- CAA position from...
Merry
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Sixteen by Sandor Marai The light askance that blazed up in your eyes The fog that cloaked my eyes and kept them shut The glove through which your pulse would dip and rise The lust that tied my body in a knot The minute that escaped us with shrill cries The life without you that is...
cigana
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Please feel free to use my XMRV "corporate logos": Cheers, Mark
Hi All, I am going to start the 21 Day Meditation Challenge that I found from the Deepak Chopra Center in CA. I have been wanting to meditate but feel like I need a meditation buddy or something to keep me on the path. So here is the link if anyone wants to take the challenge with me I am...
Cort
4 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
The Quality of Life Blogs This is the start of a series of blogs on Toni Bernhardt’s book “How to be Sick: A Buddhist Inspired Guide for the Chronically Ill and Their Caregivers”. I will supplement my background with a more Western approach with Toni’s Buddhistic approach - and see what...
Nico
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
So, to continue my time-line: after the work (2001) in the trauma unit (I lasted 6 months) I quit and took time off from working. I had money saved. I moved to Providence, RI. (2002) In RI I tried going running, and that is when I had the heavy leg feeling. It was very strange for me. I...
Last night the police were pounding at my door at 3.00am, apparently I was screaming so loudly in my sleep that my neighbours who dont even live close, all thought I was being attacked so rang them. I thou when I remember my dreams they are very bad (I keep dreaming about the bad things...
Four years ago, I could not stand up for more than thirty seconds without feeling like I was going to pass out. I had given up driving for years. I was barely able to do anything without having to lay down alot. I was like that for many years. Four years later, I can stand up for much...
Carrigon
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Maybe because I don't feel good most of the time, regular everyday things just seem to be that much worse and more stressful for me. I feel like I'm having the week from hell. Saturday, I went out with my friend and when I came home, someone was having a big party in the room next to...
Cort
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Suzanne is a registered hypnotherapist and masseuse with ME/CFS. She is offering a free course in hypnotherapy to one person in Phoenix. In this blog she talks about 'acceptance'. I do not feel well much of the time. Be assured, this is just an unbiased observation not a judgment, a call to...