• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can I borrow your snot?

Sorry- I’m not usually crude but forgot about this website

https://www.enttoday.org/article/re...-key-to-keeping-sinuses-healthy/?singlepage=1

Like the guy ho cured his ear infection with healthy ear wax, perhaps i need to recolonize my nose with pre covid/bacterial flora.

The link is on how chronic sinusitis coukd be altered microbiome

Should i Irrigate with probiotics?? I do t want lactobqcillis but how sbout bifido? Oh i actuslly have a list of bacteria in my nose from a few years ago from ubiome.

Comments

@Judee nope. Cant use a nerinpot ir other sinus irrigation at all. Only occasionally saline in lower part of nose and havent done that even once in last 5 days. Of course maybe all the garlic eating is same detriment. It thins out the mucous and then i can literally hear it when the body has to replenish the troops the garlic has dismantled. Such fierce immune warriors we all have been eating one clove of raw garlic a day. Havent a clue as to how my body is a tually tolerating this. .

I bought some garlic recently to make my own black garlic in the crockpot but my house has been smelling like bleach since I started and it only occurred to me today that I remembered reading something about imported (of which 80% of our garlic is) being heavily treated with chlorine.

Yikes, hey?

Not sure what do to with this batch. It's been in my crockpot for 6 days now. I'm probably going to have to toss it and somehow find some locally grown instead. :(

Anyway, thought I'd mention that. They also said "organic" is no guarantee but I still think I would trust that over non-organic. It's just expensive for this project so I took a chance and probably shouldn't have.

Oh, well.

@Judee oh jeez thats horrible!!! I wonder why they can still label it orgdnic. I got mine from whoke foods but that means nothing.
I think the turkey i eat gets washed in a chlorine solution
So after how long in your crockpot were you able to smell the bleach? Ambitious of you by the way to nake your own!

I'm not sure. I think a little bit from day one. It's just as the garlic smell became less I could smell the bleach smell more and I finally realized what I was smelling.

Also I just had to wipe them off a little, (7-9 cloves) put them in the crock with the lid on top and turn it on warm, so it wasn't horrible... just a few minutes standing but I should have probably sat down for that.

It's just sometimes my joints don't want to bend. Plus I would have had to be reaching over my head a lot from a chair (I'm short) to the crock pot on the counter so I tend to stand but try to hurry the task.

There probably is a better way but brain fog makes me inefficient some time in figuring things out.

I'm not sure. I think a little bit from day one. It's just as the garlic smell became less I could smell the bleach smell more and I finally realized what I was smelling.

Also I just had to wipe them off a little, (7-9 cloves) put them in the crock with the lid on top and turn it on warm, so it wasn't horrible... just a few minutes standing but I should have probably sat down for that.

i sometimes wonder if american government and industrial complex are actually trying to kill the population or is it just incompetency, corruption and greed?
probably even a kid may come to the realization that putting food into poison and eating it afterwards isnt a good idea.
in europe we handle food completely different especially chicken. we do have checks and controls on every way along the processing. it begins with raising and slaughtering and packaging. we used to do prevention instead of just killing it all.
but that seams to change, more and more american practices spread over to europe and the rest of the world.

i sometimes wish america (the corrupt and imperial system - not the people they are fine) would just go away.
but then again, who jumps in? china? they are as crooked and corrupt and maybe even more. i mean the fact that they do not have insects to pollenize their trees and need to do so by hand tells a lot.

I dont know- in sane way as an american its unfair of me to criticize the politics of germany i think the reverse is true as well. You can only diss yoyr iwn country. So i can complain about America and you can complain about Germsny

Didnt know that about china! Did they really get rid of bees???

I dont know- in sane way as an american its unfair of me to criticize the politics of germany i think the reverse is true as well.
no its not, german politics are a clown show. everyone knows it. feel free to critize at will.
if americans do politics in their own country i dont care. but americans enforce their garbage on other regions off the world. its like saying you are not allowed to critize germany during ww2 times. if one country forces itself upon others... i have a good right to raise my voice.
USA tries for some time with hidden arbitral tribunals and corrupt trading rules to enforce US law on european countries.
btw, i am equally annoyed if EU enforces their cheep garbage products like milk powder onto poor african countries and surpresses their growth and wealth.
african companies and local farmers have no chance to compete, the cheap EU milk products are so cheap that no african farmer can afford to compete against it. therefore destroying african companies. its similiar to what china in help of incompetent corrupt eu politicians did with solar panels to EU especially to germany.
this kind of imperialism needs to stop.

Didnt know that about china! Did they really get rid of bees???
afaik not completely, but in some areas they need to polenize because insects cant do the job anymore.

Last edited:
Yikes, hey?

Residual chlorine is hardly in the same category as heavy metals or various toxic organics. In the body, it becomes a chloride ion, the same as comes from NaCl, which is already quite abundant in the body. You don't want to breathe in high concentrations of Cl2, but lots of people swam in pools with concentrations probably much higher than on your garlic, without noticeable harm.

Your health was probably at much higher risk from whatever microbes the chlorine treatment was meant to kill.

You don't want to breathe in high concentrations of Cl2, but lots of people swam in pools with concentrations probably much higher than on your garlic, without noticeable harm.

That all changes with MCS and ME/CFS and chlorine is definitely something I'm sensitive to.

Its not a political forum tho. Health has been the great equalizer and i would hate to see country affiliations, and country likes and dislikes get it the way , chamomile enemas not withstanding

Its the not being told- as judee says there may be i itolerance to chorine or allergy. Some people canot swim in chlorinated pools Unwelcone surprise. Ibdiscovered once huge quantities of sulfites in beisket because i happened to have trst strips. I hate chliraminre by the way- its in outr tap water- its an aminr and those who are histamine intolerant often dont do well with other amines. Unlike chlorine, cant boil the dsmn stuff off easily.

Not happy about heavy metals eirher but i guess we dont have to choose.

Its not a political forum tho. Health has been the great equalizer and i would hate to see country affiliations, and country likes and dislikes get it the way , chamomile enemas not withstanding

i separate politics&governments from the people. i am big fan of anarchy and rule of the people :)
also as this is a blog i was freerange'ing a bit more than usual... but its your blog so your rules.

well then, i guess we still can talk chamomile enemas?

pollen season brought it out, the mine is open!
i just had a real slimy, ... moist, shiny.. snot. i think you will like it... i put it into a tissue and send it over.
bon voyage

@linusbert No improvement. I guess chronic now. Lymph nodes tender Some days theres more thick secretions than others but perhaps the sensation and awareness varies depending on where it accumulated Feelscalso like ehen in in that state where normal symtomscon hokdcwhile immune systemn diverted by thid

Update April 4
t sinus issue will not go away. One doc (but we agreed they are morons) says i may have had remodeling and now wont drain. There was sn ENT i liked that moved out of state. May try to see if he will do televisit. i am limited in how can treat becaude my damn nadt cells in part. So another thing that no one believes I’ve stopped certainly telling doctors about it is that certain physical stimuli caused me allergic sinus inflammation.So if I inhale steam, that always sets off my mouth cells and I get allergic sinus inflammation. If I wash my hair, that sets off allergic nasal and sinus inflammation. Ditto taking a shower or being out in the rain. And ive mentioned that i cant ribse out nose/sinus because it pushes on eustacisn tubes or sone such and i get dizzy sonetimes vertigo. So there isnt much choices left. Saline on bottom of nose only helps for a few secobds. Then it dries it out and get rebound. I by the way cant use baking soda- alkergy or some such. Am considering steroid spray but have to check ingredients since immallergic to a common preservative I woukd work on inhaling antibiotic thru nebulizer but both the fluid and any air or steam will cause the problens as above. Og another trigget for the allergic sinus inflammation is air blowing on face- like a fan or an airconditioner. It is always amusing because the one thing I do not have is “spring allergies”. I’ve no problem with pollen pollen you could pour 1 gallon bucket of pollen on me and I’d be fine. Let me nuts though because that’s all doctors ask about and when I try to say no I’m not allergic to that but I am allergic to cold air and water and steam etc. and of course you get the blank stare. I thought for a while this was called a physical allergy but when I brought it up with my allergies to know the fair amount about metal disorders she said that’s not a physical allergy. So as I said I’ve given up telling people about that but that’s a bit of a con found because there’s nothing I can really treat it with

Idea I had is I was going to look into LED therapy for herpesviruses anyway and I wonder if a certain frequency might work on bacteri

Having a cell disorder is fun

Where did I get so many things that are a typical and unrecognized. Even the atypical herpes virus I got which I’m convinced as what set off cardiovascular issues but I do think the virus is cause probably much of the heart disease present currently and it’s just unrecognized

Blog entry information

Author
vision blue
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from vision blue