• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by YippeeKi YOW !!

YippeeKi YOW !!
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
You gotta hand it to the British. They do pomp and ceremony better than anyone since the Romans (whose gaudy Triumphs and bloody coliseum games are still a source of comment and wonder today), and possibly even better than them. and certainly with less blood and horror. There was an oddly...
YippeeKi YOW !!
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
Cecil Beaton's breathtaking, dramatic portrait of the new Queen .... I feel that I need to preface this by saying that I’ve never been addicted to gossip about the royals, never watched The Crown (tho I’ve always wanted to, just never got around to it), never been a particular fan of Diana, tho...
YippeeKi YOW !!
5 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
HERE-EYE-TH EXPLANATION FOLLOWS BELOW Lately I’ve been experiencing a somewhat more frequent, almost gnawing, yearning for …. something. A sort of homesickness, and a longing to go back there, to some mythical place that may never have been, or maybe was but disappeared, or maybe is but...
YippeeKi YOW !!
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Being a huge Mark Twain and Ambrose Bierce fan, the cynicism of these 5 rules made me laugh, particularly welcome at a time when I’m finding little to laugh about, and when clinging to gratitude has been a sort of fruitless Easter Egg hunt in a depressing, boggy swamp, forcing me back on The...
YippeeKi YOW !!
5 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I've been trying to figure out for a long time where to post the following little fable which absolutely grabbed me by the brain-stem and wouldn't let go. There was no thread that I could find or create to accommodate it, so I'm posting it here since a blog doesn't require a defined subject or...