Blog entries by YippeeKi YOW !!

RANDOM THOUGHTS ....It’s Incredible That Any Of Us Are Actually Here …. OR …. The Unbelievable Odds Of Just Being Us ….
“And what would humans be without love?" …. "RARE, said Death” ― Terry Pratchett I’m guessing that not too many of us have stopped to...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS… Grief, Wounds, and Healing
The stars are not wanted now, put out every one Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun, Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood For nothing now...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS On dealing with the New Year before it can deal with us.........
Last night, I was thinking about ….. things ….. and one of them was wondering what makes the New Year so challenging, if you’re one of those...
Views
Comments
Updated
OH GOODY !!!! …. ANOTHER POSSIBLE TREATMENT FOR LONG COVID ….  AND STILL NONE FOR M.E. …. SHOULD WE (YAWN) BE EXCITED?? …. HMMMM. POSSIBLY ……
We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope — Martin Luther King, Jr We’ve lived thru the exuberant hope that with the...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS ….‘Life After Death’ (Kubler-Ross), The Controversy About ‘The Tunnel And The Light’ Reconsidered …. Light Wins
Is that all there is? — Peggy Lee I remember reading ‘On Life After Death’ back in the 80’s, and being transfixed by Ross’s essays, all...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS ….. Update on Impressive COVID Improvement and the ViraCon I Posted About  Previously, in Oct 30 COVID Blog…
I know this is just an n-2 experiment, but the results were so fast and so incredible that I really wanted to put it out here for y’all, as I...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS … 'STEALING THUNDER' AND OTHER PHRASES WE USE DAILY THAT’LL MAKE YOU SOUND LIKE AN OXFORD DON AND AS WISE AS SOLOMON
The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is — Mary Pettibone Poole I was browsing thru an article the other...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS ….Why yes.  Now that you ask, lightening CAN strike twice.  A first-hand account of COVID reinfection, with and without the jabs …
First, let me say that my husband, DB, has had all his COVID jabs, and all his boosters. I, on the other hand, have had none. Partly because...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS ….What, rose colored ones aren’t good enough ??!?  How about green-tinted glasses for pain ???
I’ve been using blue light-blocking glasses for about 3 years now, and find that, while their contribution to a good night’s sleep isn’t a...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS ...M.E. may have been loitering in human genes for millennia  …. didja’ hear the one about the flea that almost ate the world?
If it seems like we’ve been genetically set up as the punchline for some sort of grim cosmic joke, we may be right. Apparently, if any of...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS ....Bummertime, And The Living Ain’t Easy …..
We know well the sorrows of our own soul, but little of the sorrows of others … This is turning out to be one of those days where I just...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS … WHEN THE MERRY-GO-ROUND IS BEGINNING TO SLOW DOWN …
Nothing’s certain in life, save death and taxes —Benjamin Franklin One of the great givens of life is that we’re all going to die. Well...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS … For those Who Love Useless Trivia, The Illustrated Little Book of Sherlock Holmes Quotations ...
I think that it’s fascinating that, while we know a whole lot about Holmes, or at least think we do, what with all the melancholy violin playing...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS … The Difference Between ‘Smart’ and ‘Genius’ Is Knowing When Your Tent’s Been Lifted?  Really ??!!??
Did I Understand that Right ??!!??? About Knowing When Your Tent's Been Filched??? That's IT?!!? That’s the difference?!??! And off we goooooo...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS …An age is gone, a new age has come, and the only certainty is that a lot is changed. But no one knows into what …
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome ― Isaac Asimov I’ve always hated endings. Goodbyes reduce me to...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS .... On the Passing Of An Era, Done In Style
You gotta hand it to the British. They do pomp and ceremony better than anyone since the Romans (whose gaudy Triumphs and bloody coliseum games...
Views
Comments
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS .... THE QUEEN IS DEAD, AND THE SHIFTING OF THE TECTONIC PLATES IS QUIETLY DEAFENING ….
Cecil Beaton's breathtaking, dramatic portrait of the new Queen .... I feel that I need to preface this by saying that I’ve never been addicted...
Views
Updated
RANDOM THOUGHTS …. GEE, IT’S GREAT TO BE BACK ….. WHEREVER THIS  IS ….. AGAIN …
HERE-EYE-TH EXPLANATION FOLLOWS BELOW Lately I’ve been experiencing a somewhat more frequent, almost gnawing, yearning for …. something. A...
Views
Comments
Updated