• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by YippeeKi YOW !!

YippeeKi YOW !!
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
The most dangerous thing any adult can do today is walk into a psychiatrist’s office —Dr Peter Breggin, American psychiatrist Well, blow me down. Who'da thunk it? Altho someone should have, what with the explosion of...
YippeeKi YOW !!
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
The more things change, the more they stay the same — French proverb I know, I know …. I already posted about this, and you’d think I'd posted pretty much all there was to say on the subject, but...
YippeeKi YOW !!
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
The strongest of all warriors are these two— time and patience —Leo Tolstoy I’m old enough to remember the sneering jokes on late nite TV after Jimmy Carter’s interview with Playboy and his admission that, in his heart, he’d lusted . Quite an admission from a devout, practicing, Sunday...
YippeeKi YOW !!
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
One never knows, do one ? — Unknown I’ve suspected for a long time that what they’re calling Long COVID, or Long Haul COVID, or LongHaulers, is way too close to ME/CFS in its symptoms and effects for this not to have been noted by the highly trained minds in the medical profession...
YippeeKi YOW !!
5 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
“Better a mouse in a cat’s mouth than a man in the hands of doctors” — Spanish proverb, 17th C. When I saw a recent blog here about The Healy Device, and then after another PR member called my attention to it as something that sounded compellingly interesting, I was, like most of us...
YippeeKi YOW !!
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
“And what would humans be without love?" …. "RARE, said Death” ― Terry Pratchett I’m guessing that not too many of us have stopped to consider the absolutely infinitesimal, miniscule, teensy-weensy, tiny little odds of just being the ‘us’ that we’re so used to being that we’ve almost...
YippeeKi YOW !!
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
The stars are not wanted now, put out every one Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun, Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood For nothing now can come to any good — W. H. Auden I was led back … well, more like dragged, silently kicking and screaming …. by one of our most-well-liked...
YippeeKi YOW !!
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Last night, I was thinking about ….. things ….. and one of them was wondering what makes the New Year so challenging, if you’re one of those people it’s challenging for, which I definitely am. Is it that it almost forces you to take stock, whether you want to or not? To look at where you...
YippeeKi YOW !!
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope — Martin Luther King, Jr We’ve lived thru the exuberant hope that with the advent of Long Covid, treatments for both it and, by extension, M.E. couldn’t be far behind, given the global reach and grasp of Long Covid, and the...
YippeeKi YOW !!
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Is that all there is? — Peggy Lee I remember reading ‘On Life After Death’ back in the 80’s, and being transfixed by Ross’s essays, all based on the alleged approximately 20,000 interviews she’d done with people who’d died and then come back to life, sometimes thru field CPR, sometimes...
YippeeKi YOW !!
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I know this is just an n-2 experiment, but the results were so fast and so incredible that I really wanted to put it out here for y’all, as I promised I would do in the above-noted blog entry. So here’s the deal. I won’t go over all the stuff about COVID that I already posted, so if you...
YippeeKi YOW !!
5 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is — Mary Pettibone Poole I was browsing thru an article the other day …. it was just way too long to actually read, word for word, I’d lose my super-limited focus and comprehension long before I finished it, so I...
YippeeKi YOW !!
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
First, let me say that my husband, DB, has had all his COVID jabs, and all his boosters. I, on the other hand, have had none. Partly because I’m homebound, so feel that I’m somewhat insulated against it, or at least against multiple exposures to it, and partly because I’ve read various...
YippeeKi YOW !!
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I’ve been using blue light-blocking glasses for about 3 years now, and find that, while their contribution to a good night’s sleep isn’t a stand-alone answer, they definitely DO help. I’ve verified that by accidentally forgetting to pop them on 1 to 2 hours before trying to sleep, so I’m pretty...
YippeeKi YOW !!
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
If it seems like we’ve been genetically set up as the punchline for some sort of grim cosmic joke, we may be right. Apparently, if any of your ancestors survived the Black Plague (and if you have any European bloodlines, you can be pretty sure they did, or you wouldn’t be reading this)...
YippeeKi YOW !!
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
We know well the sorrows of our own soul, but little of the sorrows of others … This is turning out to be one of those days where I just feel …. (trying to find a loftier phrase for it, but there really isn’t one …. introspective? …. doesn’t really cover it ….. thoughtful? Uhhhhh...
YippeeKi YOW !!
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Nothing’s certain in life, save death and taxes —Benjamin Franklin One of the great givens of life is that we’re all going to die. Well, according to B. Franklin, that and taxes. Fortunately, or maybe not, we’re also, almost all of us, blessed with a sense of immortality, which pushes that...
YippeeKi YOW !!
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I think that it’s fascinating that, while we know a whole lot about Holmes, or at least think we do, what with all the melancholy violin playing and the almost bi-polar-like depressions and the occasional reliance on the 7% solution (with Watson cluck-clucking disapprovingly in the background)...
YippeeKi YOW !!
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Did I Understand that Right ??!!??? About Knowing When Your Tent's Been Filched??? That's IT?!!? That’s the difference?!??! And off we goooooo … I totally love the little fable below, with its focus on the importance of knowing what’s …. important. Maybe that is the real diff between being...
YippeeKi YOW !!
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome ― Isaac Asimov I’ve always hated endings. Goodbyes reduce me to jelly and quiet weeping, tears creeping down my cheeks like the miserable little traitors and tyrants that they are. I’ve never really understood why...