• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Blog entries by TiredSam

So, after over 2 years of doing the rounds to have everything tested and excluded, learning about pacing, tracking my activities and refining my...
Views
Comments
Updated
Here are the treatment recommendations in my letter from the Charite: Recommendations: Vitamin D 1000 E daily in the morning eg Vigantol Zinc...
Views
Comments
Updated
There followed a few paragraphs of general information on the causes and treatment of CFS: Prolonged fatigue also often occurs as a result of EBV...
Views
Comments
Updated
Before I became ill, I would go to an English-speaking “Stammtisch” (regular meeting in a pub, a very German tradition) once a week. We were a...
Views
Comments
Updated
The report was 6 pages long, and started with the following: Diagnoses: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (G93.3) No indication of immunodeficiency...
Views
Comments
Updated
And so May turned to June, and June turned to July. The 8-week point came and went, 9 weeks … Finally it was decided that on the Monday of week 10...
Views
Comments
Updated
Although I had delivered the statement “the reason I ask is because of the PACE trial” in my best up-speak, implying questions such as “Have you...
Views
Comments
Updated
Dr Hanitsch explained to me that he had had to give evidence in court, and there had been an issue about the different ability / fatigue scales...
Views
Comments
Updated
I was reminded of a passage from Osler’s Web, where Hillary Johnson describes a neurologist talking about the difficulty of diagnosing MS: So I...
Views
Comments
Updated
Dr Hanitsch said that I was a very atypical CFS patient in two respects: Firstly, my PEM triggers are only physical. I only get symptomatic when...
Views
Comments
Updated
Dr Hanitsch must have heard me speaking English to my wife, because he greeting me in English and that remained the language of our whole meeting...
Views
Comments
Updated
Got up at 07:00 on the day of my appointment. Went back to bed at 09:30, got up again at 10:15, so I was as rested as I could be. Walked to the...
Views
Comments
Updated
After 2,5 years of ME and 9 months of waiting for my appointment, I have finally been to the Institute for Medical Immunology at the Charite...
Views
Comments
Updated