• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Blog entries by stridor

NAC
There are two main camps when it comes to methylation issues it seems. The first group has had their pathway poisoned by (principally) mercury and...
Views
Comments
Updated
bipolar cycling - was decreasing on its own by 2011 but I could sense solid ground under me with addition of thyroid depression - improved within...
Views
Updated
I made many contributions over the nearly 30 years that I worked in psychiatry. My efforts were recognized by my managers and I was asked to...
Views
Updated
Remember. I am not a Dr and any thing I write should not replace medical advice. My goal is not for you to copy me but to start your own research...
Views
Comments
Updated
Let me tell you a story that has impacted my approach to my health issues. I was just starting out with a young family and had an old 1979 LeBaron...
Views
Comments
Updated
I am pretty excited because Dr Fred Hui said that I don't have to see him for 6 months! I was seeing him twice a week in 2011 and have had...
Views
Updated
I didn't get everything right. One of the things that I got wrong was not paying attention to the Lyme community. If you have a Chronic...
Views
Updated
I made the most out of 2014 and the lion's share of 2015. I had a lot of projects on the go at work. There was downsizing and staff shuffles and...
Views
Updated
By the summer of 2013, I am starting to really figure things out. I already knew for example that I needed to open the folate capsules and pour...
Views
Updated
Yes, everybody knows that MTHFR is a pretty funny acronym. It stands for methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase and this is an enzyme. What is an...
Views
Updated
It would turn out that the acceptance of the position of, "Team Lead" would be one of the best decisions that I ever made. By this you might think...
Views
Updated
October, the hospital decided to flex its muscles and told me that since I wouldn't work nights or run to codes that I would have to find...
Views
Updated
If any of you have actually read my story, thanks. I hope that something will help you with your recovery. As soon as I was let go from work, I...
Views
Updated
Termination is not what happened. But that is how it felt to me. I was sent home "Incapable of Performing Duties of a Registered Nurse". It was...
Views
Updated
In May, Dr Fred Hui had me try TMG and SAMe. These are components of the methylation pathway. I still have no clue why he started me with these...
Views
Updated
Work was a difficult place. My employer was becoming more aggressive in terms of forcing me to accept night shifts and normal duties. At this...
Views
Updated
In January, I continued with the curcumin experiment I had become sensitive to it and to the parent compound turmeric. I had 6 back-scratchers...
Views
Updated
I was still posting to Yahoo's Frequent Dose Chelation. One of the members named, "hirvinc" had been trying to help me but his messages always...
Views
Updated