• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by Ren

Ren
Ren
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Inspired by: Antique art as a contemporary metaphor. Change the title (the "lens"), change the theme. // The use of bird imagery and symbolism within the ME/CFS community; for example: the Ba bird, the phoenix, the coal-mine canary, and more generally a bird taking (or wishing to take)...
Ren
Ren
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Inspired by: Research integrity and the pursuit of scientific truth // The common use of Lewis Carroll idioms/phrases to describe the politics of ME/CFS; for example, rabbit hole and/or down the rabbit hole. // Alice's Adventures in Wonderland's White Rabbit and its contemporary use as a...
Ren
Ren
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Inspired by the relationships between industry, public institutions, and psych theory and their influence on healthcare. // Da Vinci's Lady with an Ermine (public domain).
Ren
Ren
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I. Introduction II. Article/notice III. Reader commentary I. Introduction: The following info is a slightly-smoothed Google translation from the physicians’ weekly magazine/journal, Läkartidningen (The Physicians’ Newspaper), online edition. This info is shared here for educational...
Ren
Ren
13 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
"Per Fink lagt for had..." / "Per Fink, Hated..." Part I. Introduction Additional Information Sphere of Influence Grammar Tool Introduction: On 24 May 2014 Dagens Medicin (DM) published an opinion piece, "Per Fink manipulation" written by Dr. Stig Gerdes. Within this piece, Gerdes...