• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by Recluse.F

Recluse.F
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Moving forward with the protocol once I achieved the ability to take tolerate Folate was the switch from L-Carnitine in the liquid form by Jarrow to L-Carnitine Fumarate. It seems like I read so many people referring to LCF as making a huge difference for them. It turns out to be the wrong...
Recluse.F
2 min read
Views
User Blogs
I had about decided Folate was evil, for me. The possibility that it was the magic cure for brain fog was an irresistible lure so I gave it another try within two weeks of the edema episode. I cut out everything I was taking that had Folic Acid in it, as well as all foods sources with Folic...
Recluse.F
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Per Protocol, daily**: Methly B12; 500mcg lozenge 2x (Jarrow) Dibencozide B12; 3000mcg lozenge 1-2x Methyl B12; 5000mcg lozenge alternate 1x (Now) TMG 500 2x (Trimethylglycine from beets) Carnitine 1 Tbs 1x (Liquid Carnitine, Jarrow; incl B5 100%) Gamma-E complex 2x (Now, 810mg mix...
Recluse.F
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
In the early days, that being only two weeks ago really, I was feeling B12 crash terrible in the middle of the night and ate a handful of Brazil Nuts. Suddenly, I felt better than I had in ... I have no idea how long. They fed something missing and everything suddenly balanced out. It was a...
Recluse.F
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I wonder "What is a significant reaction and when does a reaction indicate a need to adjust?" I have reactions to the supplements that I take under the protocol (still mostly Freddd's), but I consider a great many things to be "Tolerable" because 1. my lifestyle can allow for the reaction, and...
Recluse.F
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Greetings. I thought to use the blog as a diary of sorts to track my issues and progress. I have a lot of questions, but imagine they have already been answered, and once I have time to read the entire forum, I will know where. In the meantime, if you come upon this determined to heal or die...
Recluse.F
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
The Freddd Protocol pushes Folate hard as an absolute necessity, but it must be wrong *for me.* Ref: Solgar Folate (as Metafolin) 400mcg I am 5'5" and weigh 117 lbs and edema that obscures my ankle bones is freakishly bizarre, outside the boundary of my body experience, and I consider it a...