Blog entries by Quilp

Dear Simon I have made a decision, and one which I am sure will meet with your approval. I am to make that journey – on HMS PACE no less, making...
Views
Comments
Updated
Try as I might and that is often, I always seem to miss. An outstretched hand that never quite reaches its target, as life passes me by again. I...
Views
Comments
Updated
I have said ‘’no thank you’’ more times than anyone could remember. I do not know why I said yes on this occasion. To be invited out by someone I...
Views
Comments
Updated
One roll of Sir Wessely wallpaper. Very simply you wake up each morning and there he is, staring right back at you. Your very own therapist for...
Views
Comments
Updated
You meet them in the most obvious of places, and yet it never crosses your mind ( after over twenty one years anyway ) that you might meet anyone...
Views
Comments
Updated
Reflecting on what is happening to me isn't easy. I hear of people telling me that there are far worse things that happen in life to other people...
Views
Comments
Updated
Turn off radio 4 after hearing Esther Crawley. A serious life threatening illness reduced to treatment via skype. The woman needs help...... Sit...
Views
Comments
Updated
Judge Solomon : Next. Can we have the defending counsel Bill Bribery representing Sir Simon Perjury against prosecuting counsel Quilp representing...
Views
Comments
Updated
I lost the twenty pound note in my pocket, the one that I had opened, closed, opened again, folded and creased. I couldn’t leave anything to...
Views
Comments
Updated
I have always been the same; the phone rings and I have I answer it. Although rapid over six yards, the result is rarely pretty. A grown man...
Views
Comments
Updated
It’s a feeling that comes from nowhere, but washes over you like a tsunami. The reality that I might have to live like this for the rest of my...
Views
Comments
Updated
‘’Bejesus Mary, there’s a shaggy Himalayan Yeti making his way down your garden path.’’ That is Mrs Parker my neighbour, belting out her concerns...
Views
Comments
Updated
Recent advances in CBT have led to a remarkable series of stories from those whose life has changed. We hear from one gentleman who talks about...
Views
Comments
Updated
Perhaps it’s the one question most of us would like answered - Does God exist ? Sir Isaac Newton spent ten years locked away in his house...
Views
Comments
Updated
It was 2002, all asleep, and I awake, that I decided it was time. I cannot tell you how long that feeling lasted, but it was characterised by an...
Views
Comments
Updated
Lost in translation   I cannot let it go, even after more than two years….. A doctor, appointed to come and assess my medical condition said I...
Views
Comments
Updated
  Finding myself in the unexpected company of two Neanderthals I assumed that the ‘’what do you do for a living ?’’ was unlikely to be thrown in...
Views
Comments
Updated