• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by merylg

merylg
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
"I acknowledge you have been seeking answers for more than 15 yrs" ......Prof "I don't think you have a Mitochondrial Disease, but we've been wrong before"......Prof "I'm going to run some tests" .....Prof "Ring me if you have any concerns".....Mito Clinic nurse "Your ear canals are the...
merylg
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
:Retro eek: Been having an unpleasant photosensitivity & ?anaphylactoid/anaphylaxis reaction last night & today. Skin on arms/face warm & flushed, stomach & oesophagus eroding (only way to describe it...if you've ever experienced an ulcer you will know the feeling!!!) I also had breathing...
merylg
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
:cheshire: Well this week I had my abdominal ultrasound one day & my gastroscopy the next! The gastroscopy showed a couple of slight stomach erosions. Some biopsies were taken. Since I can't take most meds, & even the Carafate (Sucralfate) made the pain worse, I am left with over-the-counter...
merylg
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Saw my friendly Gastroenterologist today. Advised I keep taking Carafate (Sucralfate), but only twice a day, for about 6 weeks...(seeing as I don't tolerate things like Nexium, Pariet & even Zantac). He's given me a request for an Ultrasound of my Upper Abdomen. Clinical Notes: Mildly elevated...
merylg
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I just found a bizarre collection of Environmental Risk Factors for the onset of Inflammatory Arthritis, in this case Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) in Psoriasis patients: 1) Rubella vaccination :Retro eek: 2) Injury sufficient to require a medical consultation :Retro confused: 3) Recurrent...
merylg
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Well it took two days for the lactic acid to clear from my leg muscles after doing some walking on Saturday...and an extra day for the sunburn to settle :Sign eek: I seem extremely sun-sensitive now...more so than I used to be...hmm like a Lupus patient only I test Negative. Saw my GP...
merylg
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I've decided to blog here for therapy :scared: Thank goodness I know I'm amongst friends :winking: Bit of background...long term ME/CFS, FM, MCS & degenerative disc disease. More recently flares of severe cervical spine pain thought to be sero-negative spondyloarthropathy ?Psoriatic...