• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by Liz

Liz
Liz
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I occasionally have days when CFS has become too much. I cannot trace back to the breaking point and there is rarely a single event that pushes me over the top; there is just a day like any other that becomes too big. Today is such a day. And there is the inevitable question: What to do? I...
Liz
Liz
4 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
As a CFS patient, I have the perennial, wearisome task of making my case that I am not crazy, Im sick. CFS is not a psychological disease, but an entirely physiological one. It is a disease that has walloped me every day since I first came down with what I thought was the flu on the second...
Liz
Liz
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
For weeks Ive been livid whenever I think about the recent XMRV study published by the CDC. The part that has me so riled is that 50% of the patients, or cohorts had not even consulted a physician. 50%! These patients do not have CFS as I know it. These patients arguable do not have CFS at...
Liz
Liz
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
While skimming last Sundays newspaper my attention was drawn to Parade magazine with an article about cancer survivors. As a disabled patient with CFS, I am forever intrigued by the way people with disabling illness cope. I do not know how many comparisons can be drawn between CFS and cancer...