• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by KitCat

KitCat
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
Most people lose their initial applications and reconsiderations. But guess what? You have now gotten all that out of the way! Now you can move on to the next step, the better step, the step where most people win! Most people win their hearing appeals. Plus, there are a bunch of things you can...
KitCat
3 min read
Views
User Blogs
Reconsiderations are a review of your previous application to make sure the decision was made correctly. Some states have reconsiderations, and some states skip this step and go straight to hearing appeals. :balloons: The Trick to Winning a Reconsideration Here's the trick to...
KitCat
7 min read
Views
User Blogs
If you have just started your application, now is the very best time when you can make the very biggest difference for your case. Applying for disability is a big mental shift for many people. Be good to yourself and try to remember you are doing something to improve your life and take to care...
KitCat
15 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
:balloons: What You Need to Know When You Get Your Award Letter If you have just received your award letter, you can expect your backpay and first monthly check to start in 30-90 days. If it takes longer than 90 days here is something I wrote on how you can Contact Your Congressperson for...
KitCat
14 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
If you have severe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and you are unable to work, applying for disability may be one of the smartest things you ever do, and winning your claim may be one of the best things that ever happens to you. It certainly was for me. Reading more and learning more and taking more...
KitCat
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
This is a companion to Ten Steps To Winning A Social Security Claim For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. In case you are extra curious and the ten steps are not enough, here's where you can read or ask more. It is a work in progress. Input/corrections/additional questions welcome. :cat: What is this...
KitCat
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
Social Security has a special ruling about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Unfortunately, it is confusing and easy to misunderstand. To keep your head from exploding, I have put together this simpler list of Medical Signs & Symptoms from the ruling. Please don’t let this list make you crazy. You do...