• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by justinreilly

Lets focus on letting Chase know how deserving WPI is of the $500K in discretionary spending yet to be awarded! There is a silver lining in winning less than $100K in that we are eligible for the $200K discretionary spending prize. (There is also an additional $300K in discretionary spending...
This post is in response to a thread post made by CAA director Jennie Spotila on the "Suzanne Vernon, Agency Heads are Scared to Death" thread, post #66, p.7: http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?10202-Suzanne-Vernon-quot-%93Agency-heads-are-scared-to-death...if-XMRV-works-out-quot/page7...
Who Benefits Enough from What CAA does to Want to Give them $1M per Year? I find the whole anonymous donation thing very strange. My Dad was an executive director of a non-profit recently and with them and everywhere I've ever interacted with non-profits, they make the list of donors very...
Hi everyone, Tonight, Prof. Klimas will appear on the CBS Evening News to speak about a new study showing Spinal Cord inflammation in ME which is great. We need more studies showing encephalitis and myelitis in order to get people to call our disease ME rather than "CFS." As Klimas is in...
Kim McCleary's response on cnn.com to the PACE Trial results bums me out. http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/02/17/chronic.fatigue/ EDIT: This text of the CNN article added: [EDIT; reference to NPR piece and facebook added:] and it bums me out here too on NPR (audio- CAA position from...
Myra McClure said in an email to PR member Marty that she has stepped down from the "CFS" SEP! We did it! Now lets get the dentists and psychologists (except for Friedberg) replaced with virologists, retrovirologists, neurologists and immunologists, so send out this email. OK, OK, I'll let...
UPDATE: Myra McClure Stepped Down from the "CFS" SEP! We did it! We still need to get the dentists and psychologists (except for Friedberg) replaced with virologists, retrovirologists, neurologists and immunologists, so please refer to my latest blog post for an easy letter you can send on...