• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Blog entries by hellytheelephant

ME has overshadowed the whole of my adult life, and affected me badly twice: the first time when I was 22, and the second time starting over 3...
Views
Comments
Updated
THE 12 ME DAYS OF Christmas;) On the first day of Christmas ME gave to me: …... a letter from the DWP !! On the second day of Christmas ME gave...
Views
Comments
Updated
Hi- this is a two part article- part one is about considerations of whether to buy a scooter,and part two that follows on, is about using the...
Views
Comments
Updated
I cannot buy a guinea pig. I cannot buy a cat because I allergic to their catandruff. A dog would need walking…and you can’t cuddle a fish. I...
Views
Comments
Updated
This is a blog about how art is helping me deal with the pain and disability I have to live with as a result of ME. There are also some examples...
Views
Comments
Updated
Part Two of the Swiss-Army-knife that you will need to survive in the wilderness that is M.E 3: Poetry in Motion Yes, you and your bowels are...
Views
Comments
Updated
Here is a list of six essential things ( no one tells you ), that you need, to get to sail the good ship YOU, safely through the choppy waters of...
Views
Comments
Updated
. The Hellyphant is back (!)after 14 nights as an inpatient, and an epic journey back by car. I am resting my body but my mind is full of all the...
Views
Comments
Updated
The Spoons Don’t Work…. Over the last year, I have been reading as much as my tired and foggy little brain will let me, not only about the nuts...
Views
Comments
Updated
So, we have finally made it to the end of the introductory course, and it finishes, like the predicted demise of our planet, with a whimper rather...
Views
Updated
As the great philosopher, Dr Seuss once observed: ‘You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you’re in.’ Yep. You don’t feel great. You don’t...
Views
Comments
Updated
We are nearing the end of the third week and we are preparing for a week’s break next week. I’m not going to lie- the going has been very tough...
Views
Comments
Updated
THE CFIDS SELFHELP.ONLINE INTRODUCTORY COURSE –Pt 2 Prior to the course beginning I have received the course book: ‘Managing Chronic Fatigue...
Views
Comments
Updated
In January 2016 I will start the self-management course run by cfidsselfhelp.org. and I would like to Blog about my experiences of the course, and...
Views
Comments
Updated
I should warn you that what follows in not in any way a searching discussion...of well, anything really, just random thoughts from a broad...
Views
Comments
Updated