• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by GONZ0hunter

GONZ0hunter
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
im sorry, I’ve failed a lot of people but I wish I could have been more here. I let a lot of the crew without my help. Things have sucked. I thought I had CFS and a few other diseases, my list has increased and I’ve barley survived 6 life ending situations. My disease and dr list is long...
GONZ0hunter
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
We are starting pre-op today. The goal is to evacuate anything in my gi track. I stopped eating anything after midnight last night (sat night) I have been on clear liquids so far. My dr gave me one of theses to drink. I'm super nervous but my pcp gave me some meds to help. We are 12 hours...
GONZ0hunter
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
If you have read my other blogs you know I'm a pro when it comes to surgery. This one will be different. I have damage to my stomach. The actual organ. The goal of my sugery will be to cut out a section and sew it back together. They think I may have some damage to my intestines as well...
GONZ0hunter
2 min read
Views
User Blogs
My first blog talks about how I got to today being sick. My sister who is a professor who teaches biology and river stuff, hahah, thinks I was exposed to something during Katrina. A lot of people have asked me to write this story. It is related to my CFS but it may be off topic. I will try...
GONZ0hunter
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Read the previous blogs for more info. Quick recap, I had a sinus infection for 2 years. Multiple surgerys, major hospital can't find problem. I posted a list from my tracking app I use for my medical stuff. I'm now tired all the time, in pain, sleep issues blah blah blah. I officially have...
Check out my other blogs for the start of my story. On my medical team I now have a cardiologist, pcp, pulumnologist, allergist, neurologist, nutritionist, sleep dr, and medical team lead. We start to get the results in. They don't find any lung dysfunction or consistent drop in pulse ox. My...
Check out my other blogs for the start of my story. The results of my overnight pulse ox test showed I was around 60% pulse ox levels for 7 hours out of 8. So my dr puts me in O2 while I am sleeping and sets an appt for a sleep dr. By now I am in pain most all of the time. I am on tramadol...
GONZ0hunter
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
User Blogs
Check out my other blogs to see the rest of my story. Quick recap, I was a early 30s TV producer who didn't take any daily medicine. Then I battled a constant sinus infection and 5 surgerys. I had a arterial bleed at home after tonsil surgery, and woke up in severe all over pain. I guess we...
GONZ0hunter
2 min read
Views
User Blogs
Check out my other blogs for the rest of the story. I wake up with a mouth full of blood. I try ice cubes and a a vasodilator, still no stop. So now I do the math, 5 minute response time, 3 minutes to load and go, 7 minute drive to the ER. So no 911. We can drive to the ER in 7 minutes. My...
check out my other blog posts, they have fun details you need. So at this point I'm beaten but not dead, I decide fuck Drs and we would just wait it out. I'm still smelling dead people. I'm starting to fall asleep at work and don't know why. I have never once fell asleep in public. Not...
if you haven't read my first blog....check it out. It has details you will need for this. So I am scheduled for my first fess surgery. I wait the month still having a sinus infection. The surgery goes well. It's in a surg a centre in a office building (warning 1). I wake up sore and...
GONZ0hunter
2 min read
Views
User Blogs
I wanted to fully tell my story. I have told it before but in different places so I want it all in one place. I am Going to focus on my sickness and health stuff here. Later i will talk about the whys and my work as people tell me it's interesting. I was a healthy kid growing up in Colorado...