• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by Gavman

?
Gavman
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
How much longer do I have to suffer?
Gavman
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Went to the pub to watch some fights on TV. Had to leave early, I feel very angry and want to yell: Shut up!! at everyone. Becoming a grump..
Gavman
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Wow. Just wow. That was very good. I went to see a cranial sacral osteopath to work on my hearing. But balancing everything else and hearing what she said about how frazzled my nervous system is and how i havent been able to go to that state of healing as im vigilant of everything. But that my...
Gavman
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Gonna have to go back on anti-depressants. Basically getting stuck in despair/depression/negative thoughts. So annoying. Going to try Cymbalta instead of Effexor this time. Need a short term solution at least as i get all this testing done.
Gavman
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
It seems like an important step in improving or managing cfs is to process life in better ways. I have been using a cd by Russell Harris that helps focus on the physical sensation of emotions with the emphasis taken off the story. Emotions are supposed to be come and go as a wave, not stay...
Gavman
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I've been working strongly on valuing myself, my health and loving myself. Its taken quite a while to develop into this, rather than pitying myself when i have bad episodes, I have learnt to at least have some control in how i process the world. Breaking the crystal ball of 'should have done'...