Blog entries by Cloudyskies

What Happened and Other Stuff
In America, everyone carries his or her own personal water bottle or coffee around. You’ll see people with them on the streets, in cars, on public...
Views
Comments
Updated
I came across an ad on Facebook for a book about The Station nightclub fire in Rhode Island, USA, in 2003 that killed 100 people and injured many...
Views
Comments
Updated
Another travelogue … Impressive. Panache. Enchanting. Beau monde. Artistic. Paris is all of these things. Its attraction is undeniable. It had me...
Views
Updated
A travelogue … The culturally bloated, artistic, and liberal city of Amsterdam, with its eight hundred thousand bicycle population, copious...
Views
Comments
Updated
A raw account, the year, 2009 … I barely slept last night. Weak as a week’s worth of ill-begotten aims, I’m drained, emotionally, having suffered...
Views
Comments
Updated
We’ve all had those moments when life feels like too much to handle. With all the demands in our modern world, it’s no wonder that we often feel...
Views
Comments
Updated
The following dialogue is not make-believe. It is real. The ensuing anecdote is also real and has not been fabricated in any way. “This is my...
Views
Comments
Updated
My 9th grade (age 14) journal writing I submitted to class … It was December 24, 1991, Christmas Eve. I was in the car bobbing my head side to...
Views
Comments
Updated
“I vill betz two hundred,” said the well-groomed German man. His movements were methodical; this newly acquired courage at the stroke of midnight...
Views
Comments
Updated
An email, which may or may not contain hyperbole, that I sent to my brother-in-law in Germany some years back … American sensibilities and the...
Views
Comments
Updated
It was our home away from home, our shoulder to lean on. It filled the void in our depraved apartment-furnishing existence. It was nothing other...
Views
Comments
Updated
In the third month of the Obama Administration’s first term, I fulfilled a rather dutiful obligation. I signed up for a long-anticipated German...
Views
Updated
“Dave, you have a call on line one,” Patti whispered into the phone. “Any idea if it`s a client?” I asked. This time, “Neil Muh-call-ee” was on...
Views
Comments
Updated
Chivalry was alive and well in my world. Staring destiny in the face, and despite the complicated nature of my intentions, my greater self...
Views
Comments
Updated
Disclaimer: I’m embarrassed to even post this. It could have been written by a teenager. But what better place to showcase a piece of...
Views
Comments
Updated
When I first moved to NYC in 2010, I arrived without a job. I was, of course, the trailing spouse as my wife, on the other hand, had arrived to...
Views
Comments
Updated
Years ago, I attended a holiday work party at a nice little Italian restaurant in town. There was good company, good food, and the wine was...
Views
Comments
Updated
Some more navel-gazing, some years back … In life’s greatest celebrations, one must drink champagne. Not only does its company imply a heightened...
Views
Comments
Updated