• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by Carrigon

Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I did make it for Thanksgiving dinner with my friend. She came and got me and we went for a really nice free church dinner. Some of her friends were there and it was nice to finally be out with people. This was the first time I've been able to go out to dinner for a holiday in years. The...
Carrigon
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
An old friend/coworker, someone I've worked with for like maybe ten years or close to it on the net, he and his wife just had a baby. And he's been sharing the pics with me for awhile. And while I am very happy for them, I find it very painful for me. I've been sterile from this disease for...
One of the hardest things for me to deal with when it comes to this disease is the passage of time. In a very strange way, because I got sick at age 21, I'm somehow stuck at that age, in that time. Time, for me, has stood still. My life stopped at age 21. No more work, no more college, no...
Carrigon
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Yesterday, I did things that normal people take for granted and can do with no problems. I went to the bank, I went to put gas in the car, and I went to the foodstore. I wasn't feeling too bad yesterday. I wasn't lightheaded. I just had bad arthritis pain. Today, I am so flared up that...
Carrigon
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Elle put up a video on Youtube today, and I thought it deserved mentioning. There's a segment in it about Skye Dailor. Skye Dailor was thirteen years old when she was diagnosed with CFIDS in 1989. She tried to keep going to school, it only made her much worse. And the other kids decided...
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Having the day from hell and need to VENT. I had to drive to welfare this morning to drop off "semi annual" review papers. Now, this is after I just gave them everything three weeks ago for my annual review. Why is there a "semi annual review"? I don't know. But apparently they were too...
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
For like the past week or week and a half, I've been so overly emo. Like every little thing makes me want to cry my eyes out and I'm not usually like that at all. And things really haven't been that bad for me lately in regards to everyday life. I got my medicaid back, finally. No one is...
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Do you ever feel so held back from life that you get into a totally crazy mood where you just want to do something totally out there? I was seriously considering dying my hair olive green! Not the whole thing, just some parts of it. But that's how stir crazy I get. I swear, I may yet do...
Carrigon
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
One thing that has bugged me for a very long time is when I see people still saying that CFIDS or Fibro are a "woman's" disease. NO, this disease does not discriminate between genders. It also doesn't discriminate between ages. There are kids with this disease. When I was in the early...
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
So, today, hot as it was, and feeling sick, I drove to the bank to deposit some of that survey money I've been making. The bank is only a few blocks from here. So, I pull up to the drivethru window and........my window won't open. It's stuck. Then I try the door, and that too, won't open. I...
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I've been having a stomach flare up for a week now. About twice a year, I get some kind of Crohn's disease like flare, usually from eating something my body absolutely can't handle, which seems to be most things now days. I had to buy all special foods. It's getting better, but still driving...
Carrigon
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I still have a problem with learning to say no when someone asks me to do something or be somewhere. And you would think that after all these years of people seeing me sick and breaking plans that they would know better than to ask me, but they still do it. I got roped into helping a friend...
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I am so tired of being severely undermedicated when I'm in a massive flare up of screaming pain. And I am so tired of hospital staff or doctor's office staff just looking at me like I'm a drug seeker. When I'm having a flare up, like I have been since Thursday, the pain is like someone is...
Carrigon
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
I decided to make a new blog that talks about how to make money from home and how to get freebies. And since it's more of a financial thing, I wanted to keep it separate from this site, but it is for people like us. Come and join it if you like, I'll be posting how to get good freebies and...
Carrigon
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
I've been in a massive flare up since yesterday. No particular reason for it, just woke up sick as a dog. Massive pain, massive fatigue, fever. I'm just dying. I had plans to go out to dinner with a friend last night and I had to cancel. Exactly why I can never make plans, cause I never...
I finally found a few things that are working for me. And this is after looking for a very long time. You wont get rich off it, but it can be built up to a weeks grocery money. It really just depends on how determined you are, how much time and effort you put into it. I started to...
Carrigon
5 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I learned a few valuable lessons from the disabled dating site I belong to. And I wanted to post to warn others of what's going on with them. The disabled dating sites are infested with scammers who prey on the disabled and with woman haters who only want cybersex, often with every...
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Yeah, you'd think I'd learn by now. But I had a choice of staying in or going out with my friend. And I didn't want to stay in. Which also goes back to how up and down this disease can be. Wednesday, I was so sick with pain and all the other symptoms, that I was feeling suicidal from it...
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Yesterday, I was better. I wasn't lightheaded for once and I drove to the store. It was sunny out, too hot, but beautiful. And I actually enjoyed driving. The only thing that was really bugging me was the Lyme arthritis. Other than that, I didn't feel too bad. And I was pretty much okay in...
I've been a member of an online disabled dating site for several years. And all I've met are losers, abusers, and incompatibles. I've also met alot of disabled men who said they cannot handle my disability. As soon as they learn about it or watch my videos about it, it's totally forget...