• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by Andrew

Andrew
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
This article offers tips for dealing with food, including shopping and preparation. Because everyone's circumstance is different, there is no one-size-fits-all-solution. For example, some people can only eat certain types of organic food, while others can eat a wide range of food. What I will...
Andrew
3 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
There are people whose job is helping disabled people. The job title for these people is Caregiver. These are people who will help you with almost everything in your day to day routine. They will do your laundry, take out your trash, prepare meals, help you with your mail, help you fill out...
Andrew
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
It occurred to me that it might be easier to explain CFS to family and friends by asking them to watch a movie on the web. The first one is a 12 minute news special. It would not be much of a time investment for someone to watch. The next one is a 1 hour CFS documentary from 1993. It's...
Andrew
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Exercise is often a difficult topic for us to discuss. There is good reason for this. Most of us have suffered extreme and lasting setbacks as a result of exercise. Add this to the fact that many doctors and friends insist that all we need is more exercise, while ignoring the negative effects it...
Andrew
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Some patients report that their doctors ask for information about ME/CFS. This list helps fill that request. It also includes information for ME/CFS patients who want to understand the illness. Keep in mind that there are no high-probability treatments for ME/CFS. All we have are treatments that...
Andrew
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Did you know that some doctors keep information from you that you need to know? Let me give you a couple of examples. A doctor sent me to a neurologist for examination. The neurologist examined me and sent my doctor a report that said there is a strong possibility I have Chronic Fatigue...
Andrew
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Are you looking for a chronic fatigue syndrome doctor? Here are some ways to find one. Prohealth Go to Prohealth's community feature. 1. Click the Physicians link to see if that helps. 2. Click the Support Groups link and see if there is one nearby that can recommend docs. 3. Click on the...