Blog entries by alex3619

Part One Change all the labels you want, those who want to misuse the terms will continue doing so. Those who promote the idea we have a...
Views
Comments
Updated
WARNING: Philosophy Alert! The New Inquisition? Meet Monty Python. Are you a witch? We will tie your hands and feet then throw you in the...
Views
Comments
Updated
Philosophy of M.E.: If not Conspiracy, then What? Part One: Verificationism WARNING: Philosophy Alert! This is esoteric. It has points I am...
Views
Comments
Updated
WARNING: Philosophy Alert! I intend to write a series of blogs giving the flavour of one line of argument in the book I am writing, though I...
Views
Comments
Updated
Continuing my review of Ghaemi's The Rise and Fall of the Biopsychosocial Model This is the final and most disappointing section of the book. I...
Views
Comments
Updated
(Part Two of My Review of the book by Ghaemi.) This section of the book is a lot less clear and less focussed. There is no transparent way to...
Views
Comments
Updated
PS I have said this before but I think it is worth repeating: if we have a psychosomatic illness because a physical illness cannot be objectively...
Views
Comments
Updated
This is a detour from my three-quarter written blog on another aspect of philosophy of science - but not much of a detour. It still addresses a...
Views
Comments
Updated
I am posting this as a blog as I intend to use it to launch a series of blogs detailing a range of related issues. This is in preparation for my...
Views
Comments
Updated
There is a blog entry describing the impact of the slashes to social support for the disabled in the UK...
Views
Comments
Updated
Some time ago I made a series of complaints about failed postal service to my address. Most of these were rejected, but now I received a reply...
Views
Comments
Updated
There have been many models of ME and CFS over the years. There are a number of issues that seem underemphasised that I wish to make explicit...
Views
Comments
Updated
I have in mind a horror story. Imagine a world in which an insidious disease creeps through the population. It defies conventional medical...
Views
Comments
Updated
None of these are original. Somebody else has said them all. They are heuristics, rules of thumb, which means they are only guides not laws set in...
Views
Comments
Updated
For those of you who have been following anciendaze's blogs on Moral Hazards, or who have an interest in systems theory, most of the issues on...
Views
Comments
Updated
The biopsychosocial movement is indeed under serious attack regarding CFS and ME - not from patients as sometimes claimed, but from advances in...
Views
Comments
Updated
Many of the old pagan and shamanistic religions recognize the existence of spirits. Spirits can't be seen, but they can be sensed. Every tree and...
Views
Comments
Updated
I was thinking about the mind-body problem, and then came across this piece on thinking yourself ill...
Views
Comments
Updated