• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

Blog entries by alex3619

Please sir, I want some more. Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist. I was asked why many leads in ME research have not been followed up. This is...
Views
Comments
Updated
" Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves." Following from Sykes...
Views
Comments
Updated
I just made this reply to the Shorter article, which now appears to be either members only or deleted...
Views
Comments
Updated
What do we do to change political and medical policy on ME? The people who need to be convinced are the experts, the authorities, the...
Views
Comments
Updated
The suggestive nature of the evidence is very weak, yet its played as if it were strong. It is likely that most MUS (medically unexplained...
Views
Comments
Updated
Recovery [bluk] from chronic fatigue syndrome after treatments given in the PACE trial P. D. White, K. Goldsmith, A. L. Johnson, T. Chalder and...
Views
Comments
Updated
Part B: Churnalism and Dogmatic Verificationism Churnalism When a study is reported the science journalists get to report on it and then...
Views
Comments
Updated
If Not Conspiracy Then What? Part Two Part A: Zombie Science Rides Again, or Pale Riders on Pale Horses Have you ever wondered when the...
Views
Comments
Updated
This is not one of my planned blogs, just something I thought I should report. I have been interested in eicosanoid impact on CFS and ME since...
Views
Comments
Updated
Go To Part Two Commentary: What can we take from Skewed? Skewed lists numerous failures in the scientific, medical and political processes...
Views
Comments
Updated
Go To Part One Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Walker discusses the origins of the definitions of CFS, and briefly mentions that two ME experts...
Views
Comments
Updated
A Review of Skewed by Martin J Walker, 2003. Greenwashing Part One: General Argument A lot of people have wondered how the psychogenic...
Views
Comments
Updated
There have been very few options we have had as advocates for ME and CFS that have worked. We lack numbers, and we are often too sick to be...
Views
Comments
Updated
(An exercise in Satire - easier to read if you say it out loud.) Cwonic fateeg patients are cwazy coz deyz don't have nuffin wrong with them...
Views
Comments
Updated
And the Cycle Continues At some point in the middle to late twentieth century (possibly 1982) it was discovered that vitamin B12 injections...
Views
Comments
Updated
What can we learn from the history of peptic ulcers? "The merry-go-round goes 'round and 'round, The children laughed and laughed and laughed...
Views
Comments
Updated
I am a duo of drugs with supreme potency. The two drugs are modified versions of drugs used for other disorders, but for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...
Views
Updated
Directions for Discussion Fighting with each other over definitions wastes our limited resources. I propose some alternative strategies, but I am...
Views
Updated