• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blog entries by ahmo

ahmo
6 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I'm writing this after 2 weeks using FMN form of Vitamin B2. For years, long before ME, Relaxation has been my holy grail. My nervous system has been modelled into the warrior polarity of the warrior/worrier seesaw. I had the childhood stressors that intensify things for MAO and COMT aggressive...
ahmo
9 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I’d hoped this post would be both concise enough and comprehensive enough to save you some research hours. I’m not sure it meets those goals… but I’m happy to share my conclusions and plan. I’ve been experiencing uncomfortable levels of ammonia or peroxynitrite over the past 2 months. I’ve not...
ahmo
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I am grateful for my illness, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. I am grateful that I have been forced out of the world of Activity. I say this as an *old* person. I am 65. My 50th decade was a blur of pain, confusion, fear, anguish. But for the past 3 years I’ve been on a path of healing. This path...
ahmo
4 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
I've been intending to post this for a long time. Detox footbaths are an enduring central part of my treatment protocol. The content below was written some months ago. Happily I'm now needing less frequent FBs and generally only use a single one, unless there's a clear detox episode in progress...
ahmo
1 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Here's an attempt to consolidate some of the voluminous information from Freddd. Sacrificing Perfection for Good Enough. A work in progress. Hints for revisions gratefully accepted. That I've had the brain power, focus, patience to do this is a testament to the efficacy of this protocol for me...
ahmo
10 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
Today's the day, June 24, 2014,, to start a blog. I've been debating whether to use this format for months. Suddenly the moment came when it became obvious. It's not that what I have to say is so extraordinary or different. But I find myself posting the same responses over and over, and have...