As I close the year, Am I really doing better?

I have been thinking about my year and where I am at with CFS. I feel I have gotten out of the miserable state I was constantly in, that place where everything you do feels like torture, where you question how you can make it for another minute.

I mean I had suffer, the only word I can use to describe my CFS existence is pure agony. As I learn to do less, my quality of live improved (from a physical perspective) but that means to renounce to every comfort food, every enjoyable activity and even leaving the house most of the time. I had previously a pretty active social live and tones of extra activities. So in a way my live was better but is this "living"?

The random symptoms stopped, so I got a sense of improvement because I didn't have to figure out where all this random things comes from. BUT by now I have 3 autoimmune disease for the price of one: Colitis, CFS and POTs. So even though I don't have random stuff, the gravity of the things being diagnosed keeps getting worst. So Am I progressing or even getting better?

Another change at year 11 of CFS, is not only that I don't push as much is that the wall is closer. At the beginning I felt bad and I could keep going further I guess my wall is not as wide anymore. I crash easier and faster, like less ability to "push through it" before I loose consciousness and the trembling starts.

The big difference is, I can now sit without praying to GOD for 3 seconds, I mean I literally would say God just touch my heart and let be breath for 3 seconds so I can keep going. I mean when I look back I wonder how Am I still here. I would drop on my knees and say God you say you will not give more than I can take, look at me I cannot make it another second, pls give me 3 seconds is all I ask so I can keep going.

I just don't imagine how I really made it out of those days. I guess my current "suspended in time state" is better of that purgatory state I was in. At least I can sit still without suffering. But when all that is worth living for is gone, is life really better??????

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Seven7
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Seven7