• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

antidepressants

Gonna have to go back on anti-depressants. Basically getting stuck in despair/depression/negative thoughts. So annoying. Going to try Cymbalta instead of Effexor this time. Need a short term solution at least as i get all this testing done.

Comments

Sorry to hear that. Good Luck. I have found once I hit a 4 in the functional scale, I cannot help but get the negative thoughts. So for me is a sign of overdoing.

Excuse my intrusion. Try this link. http://biopsychiatry.com/. The good drug guide, by David Pearce.
Almost a decade old but still relevant. And...hes's hilarious! I had no luck with Cymbalta, but we're all different of course.
Its tricky trying to find something that may also help with me/cfs.

Good luck,matey! It's always crestfalling going back on those damn things

Thanks for sharing Gavman. I am also dealing with depression now, I had not had to deal with this for months (more anxiety than depression). Anyway, I hope the Cymbalta helps you. Its not bad enough we have to deal with CFS/ME/FM but also the psych stuff (although why wouldn't we have issues). Anyway, Cymbalta nearly killed me (not exaggerating) but I know others who consider it a life saver for them.

I haven't gone on it as the last couple of days i've been quite good. False alarm. Its still a possibility but i think the 5htp i was taking was actually causing more problems.

I think its the thought process maybe. I have been on SSRIs, which apparently stop the reuptake of serotonin so the loop of thoughts doesn't continue constantly. As my thoughts are still quite untamable, the 5htp i think was creating more energy to keep processing the same thoughts. *shrugs* I guess its up to the individual and to tell whether or not you need it. My tryptophan levels were quite decent according to my amino acid test so *shrugs* i might not need that one.

Blog entry information

Author
Gavman
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Gavman