antidepressants

Gonna have to go back on anti-depressants. Basically getting stuck in despair/depression/negative thoughts. So annoying. Going to try Cymbalta instead of Effexor this time. Need a short term solution at least as i get all this testing done.

Comments

Sorry to hear that. Good Luck. I have found once I hit a 4 in the functional scale, I cannot help but get the negative thoughts. So for me is a sign of overdoing.

Excuse my intrusion. Try this link. http://biopsychiatry.com/. The good drug guide, by David Pearce.
Almost a decade old but still relevant. And...hes's hilarious! I had no luck with Cymbalta, but we're all different of course.
Its tricky trying to find something that may also help with me/cfs.

Good luck,matey! It's always crestfalling going back on those damn things

Thanks for sharing Gavman. I am also dealing with depression now, I had not had to deal with this for months (more anxiety than depression). Anyway, I hope the Cymbalta helps you. Its not bad enough we have to deal with CFS/ME/FM but also the psych stuff (although why wouldn't we have issues). Anyway, Cymbalta nearly killed me (not exaggerating) but I know others who consider it a life saver for them.

I haven't gone on it as the last couple of days i've been quite good. False alarm. Its still a possibility but i think the 5htp i was taking was actually causing more problems.

I think its the thought process maybe. I have been on SSRIs, which apparently stop the reuptake of serotonin so the loop of thoughts doesn't continue constantly. As my thoughts are still quite untamable, the 5htp i think was creating more energy to keep processing the same thoughts. *shrugs* I guess its up to the individual and to tell whether or not you need it. My tryptophan levels were quite decent according to my amino acid test so *shrugs* i might not need that one.

Blog entry information

Author
Gavman
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Coronavirus mutations
    I didn't know Stephen Buhner had a blog, apparently because all his...
  • Protocol summary so far
    Just wanted to write a quick summary so far. Where I'm at now I've...
  • Day 78
    Just a quick update to say that I'm now doing a lot better than I was...
  • Autoimmune test results
    These look great, so I am happy this isn't causing me any issues and...
  • Day 68
    Well I can tell it's July, pollen fungus and spores have definitely hit...

More entries from Gavman