• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Already seen PT once for broken bones in snow and ice & Nan with MS doesn't need that either.

My friend Nan, Nancy, called a couple days ago asking could I take her to a new PT appointment Monday morning.
She's a fun and interesting person, 70-something widow with MS who was involved with the aerospace industry.
Her late husband was with the FAA and their son and daughter are both in aerospace industries.

Forecast for Monday morning has become the following with percentages having risen to 50 from 30 this morning;

Sunday Night
A chance of rain after midnight, mixing with snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Northeast wind 6 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Veterans Day
A chance of snow and freezing rain before 9am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

I've been to PT at that location for the most recent 2 of the 4 times I've fallen in slick weather and ended up with broken bones, once an elbow, once a foot.
And with Nan having MS and now needing a wheelchair better than half the time she doesn't need to be out in that slickness either.

(once a foot, 'once afoot' sounds like something Sherlock Holmes would say)

Appointment is now rescheduled!
I called PT.
Called Nan.
Called PT again.
Done deal.

Therapist who answered phone was one I've worked with several times for the various reasons I've been to their place through the recent decade and Shelly agreed neither I nor Nan needed to be out in that weather, true, they would be happy to see me again but let's take a pass on any getting more broken bone joints, okay.

I am happy to say this PT clinic actually has a pleasant atmosphere about it and the staff are fun and skilled.
It is as much a social event as medical treatment.
I do like and enjoy them but really don't want to HAVE to go get their services, ya know.

Is interesting that the night before and day of Nan's first appointment with this PT clinic early in the morning is the only precipitation forecast (at this point) for the whole week!
Wonder what the probability math for that is.

From National Weather Service's web page for our burg,

Detailed Forecast

Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 31. South southeast wind 6 to 9 mph.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 60. West southwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 44. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 57. Calm wind becoming north northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday Night
A chance of rain after midnight, mixing with snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Northeast wind 6 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Veterans Day
A chance of snow and freezing rain before 9am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 27.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 45.
Reactions: Judee and Rebeccare

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
southwestforests
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from southwestforests