• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A very very unusual probiotic mixture that is just coming on to the market

In general, I prefer single species or single strain probiotics that has studies on PubMed. On occasion, a probiotic mixture makes it to my “second line probiotics to try”. There is a new pair on the market (one for men, one for women) that passes the bar.
What is my bar?
  • All of the strains are human sourced
  • A majority of strains have published studies showing benefits
  • Reasonable cost
Seed
This is a new company whose probiotics are available for PRE-ORDER for $49.99/month with a 30 day guarantee (I believe this is a money back if no change)
Considering this is ~100 BCFU/day, the cost is very reasonable.
seed.png

Female Version
Note that the country of origin is included in the strain designation.
Seed_SupplementFacts_180313-05-700x988.jpg
Male Version
Seed_SupplementFacts_180313-06-700x843.jpg
Bottom Line
This from a technical perspective, beats the pants off the typical health-food store probiotic mixture.
I grabbed one of the above strains (B. lactis SD-MB2409-IT) and did a little digging:
The origin of some of these strains appear to be bart.pl, they have a very information list of their strains to research studies PDF that can be downloaded here.
Reactions: swishtar and rosa

Comments

I preordered this after extensive research on their process and a couple calls and emails for COA. It's an exciting product and I can't wait to try it.

Thank you for posting! I just went to the website. I am extremely interested in this stuff. I have had to have severe gastrointestinal problems since 2015 after my immune system go schellacked (we won't talk about that Costo trip:eek:) but after a year of a strict regimen of four different kinds. I did get better. Not 100% but better. I used Pro 15, Saccharomyces boulardii, reuteri, and Lactoprime Plus. I don't take the Lactoprime Plus everyday anymore (it is expensive) just when I feel I need a little extra something. I have hope.

Seed is amazing!! I received mine today and took it. I immediately felt the difference, I'm not canceling my subscription anytime soon!! Everyone with stomach problems should try this ASAP. I feel like a completely different person on just the titration dose! I can't wait to experience the full effect!

Seed is amazing!! I received mine today and took it. I immediately felt the difference, I'm not canceling my subscription anytime soon!! Everyone with stomach problems should try this ASAP. I feel like a completely different person on just the titration dose! I can't wait to experience the full effect!
Keep us updated. Thx.

I have also received mine and can definitely feel positive effects and a much better sense of well being. In two weeks, I will be doing a ubiome and I am curious to see what impact it has. I did a ubiome a few days before starting it.

I have also received mine and can definitely feel positive effects and a much better sense of well being. In two weeks, I will be doing a ubiome and I am curious to see what impact it has. I did a ubiome a few days before starting it.
Thanks Please do keep us updated. :)

The Seed website now states that each bottle contains 60 capsules and the recommended daily dose is 2 capsules. But in the above blog it is 3 capsules per day and each bottle contains 90 capsules. They seem to have silently modified it. Why ? Any severe reaction ?

One label was pre-first-shipment, they may have discovered that they could pack into 2 instead.

I can officially say that what was left of my ME/CFS case is long gone. I feel excellent. My body is accepting the probiotics with ease, I have more energy and my depression has even cleared up. I'm generally well (I'm also on a customized Ceruloplasmin Program, hormone, and Calcitriol balancing program). Previously, I was experiencing profound malabsorption among other flora and biome related issues. So when I discovered Seed. and felt the effects I knew it was the key I needed to restore my health. I stand by this product as a highly useful one and one of the best products I've ever used. I really can't say enough good things about it and as a guy that's fully homozygous for FUT2 struggling with malabsorption and gastrointestinal discomfort all of my life I can truly say this product helped me change my life.

Blog entry information

Author
Lassesen
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Lassesen