• Phoenix Rising needs funds to operate: please consider donating to support PR

A Cup Half Full

I made the most out of 2014 and the lion's share of 2015. I had a lot of projects on the go at work. There was downsizing and staff shuffles and the group of co-workers that had given me all the problems was scattered to the winds.

My bosses were pleased with me and I took on the unofficial role of being "Lead of the Team Leads". My unit clerk (who was my right-hand) and I made a lot of changes that would be adopted through the program. Trust me, it wasn't hard to improve how things were done around there.

I was regaining the trust and respect of my co-workers and let me just say something about this: you can spend 20 years build a reputation and it can all be torn down in 3 or 4 months. People have bad memories and I suspect that it is troop behaviour that those who are sick, or different will be shunned or even driven out. The health of the troop being at stake.

Only a couple of people stuck with me through this shit storm and I can only assume that at least some of them did not share my confidence that someday things would get better. If you are reading this then there is likely little I can teach you about the fickleness of people.

So, back to 2014-2015. I was partially recovered and my brain fog was down to about 20% of what it was in 2011. Memory was still shaky but I had coping mechanisms. I was able to get a few things done with the gardens which had been unattended for years. I still could not use the workshop to any degree.

The dentist said that my enamel was eroding so I cut back on the sublingual B12 without noticing any changes.

One of the questions that I was trying to answer (and still am) is how much energy was I supposed to have. I was never "normal" I lived a Bipolar life with either "too much" energy or not enough.

I suspected that I should have more though and in March of 2015 I had testing done for stealth infections. Know what? This deserves its own chapter.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
stridor
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from stridor