• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blogs

Categories

Latest Comments

Blogs statistics

Categories
Blogs
Blog entries
Views
Comments
Nico
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I want to thank Cort and whoever else works on this site for the easy chat forums...:thumbs up: :Sign Thanks:
Carrigon
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Here is a video that explains some of Monsanto's history and how they are taking over every crop on the planet with GMO seeds. Monsanto isn't just the creator of aspartame, they created the Bovine/cow growth hormone, Agent Orange for the Viet Nam War, and they create pesticides. That's just...
Something I sat down and wrote today. it's like having runners block all the time it will break you down to the core it will beat you into submission you will be pushed beyond your threshold then pushed some more you will lose that which you did not know could be lost you will be...
Merry
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
The Festival by Miroslav Holub At the festival of patients with all the known diseases the crutch choir sings for the pacemakers. The double astigmatic landscape gratefully swallows the murmurs of the mitral valve. In the candlelit college hall corticosteroids anoint psoriases...
Merry
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Diagnoses by Miroslav Holub Measles provoke the onset of evening, like heavy felt. Cavities in teeth open rocks. Smallpox pits give contours to the map. Radiation diseases show us our place in the cosmos. Liver inflammations heighten Fragonard's sensitivity to...
muffin
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
We did it! We got that 1/2 page Ad out into the Washington Post and do believe that that AD gave the Federal health organziation heads and policy makers a rather big shake up. We are seeing changes for the positive and we are being treated differently - more respect and not being ignored. I...
Merry
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
In the years following the fall of the Berlin Wall, I was lined up by the fire with the old people. I was just there trying to get used to my new existence as a doorstop. And as I waited, before me those loved ones of the older generation toppled over one after the other. These, my elder...
dotdot
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Thinking about taking LDN, and the process of slowly increasing the dosage, has coincided with taking Furosemide for water retention. I hope my reaction to LDN isn't the same as my experience with the diuretic... My experience of drugs, legal and otherwise, is that, quite often, I have a...
dotdot
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Took a dose of 1ml (=1mg) LDN last night, without too much ill effect - I think I'm getting used to the stuff now. I want to get up to 1.5 as soon as I can (the recommended initial dose), so that, psychologically, I feel like I'm, at least, at the start of maybe getting somewhere. Atm I'm...
Ive been scratching/cutting myself trying to relieve my stress level (endophins) as Im so so stressed out as I have to attend an appointment in the city today and arent up to it at all. Cutting to relieve stress levels (for endorphin rush) is something I hadnt done in a while. So its upsetting...
dotdot
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
I missed last night's LDN and I'm about to take a dose now. I'm increasing it to 0.8ml and it's now 4.30pm - hopefully it won't keep me awake tonight - having taken the dose earlier in the day, rather than midnight, as I had been doing.
dotdot
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I posted on the Low dose Naltrexone thread the other day and thought it might be helpful if I blog my initial LDN experiences, so here goes... First off, I'll copy (with a couple of corrections) what I wrote before, after that I'll be updating in real-time...
dixielab
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Our son is 25. He has been complaining of many of the CFS symptoms since 2007. He was able to graduate from college in 2008. But his symptoms rapidly worsened and he was forced to come back home to live. We have been to many doctors in town as well as flying to drs. far from home. No one has...
hope love light
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Here is an interesting article I wanted to share with you from Natural News.com :innocent2: If given a fair choice, most consumers would choose alternative medicine over conventional health care Learn more...
Cort
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
The Quality of Life Blogs: Explorations in Being (or Looking for Happiness in an Unwell World) What is be- ing? Its very simple - almost too simple; it's just what it appears to be - its just be-ing - its the place present just before thought a place of stillness and peace that spiritual...
I am so disappointed!!!! Last year it was covered and I paid about 60.00 a month for my portion. I was told that even if I pay for it myself at 450.00 a month the money I spend for it will not be counted towards the donut hole. I think that this is ourtageous!!!!!! Pinky
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
OMG, words cannot express the screaming bodywide pain I am in. I'm having the week from hell with no break in site. And the more I do, the more pain I'm in. I pushed it yesterday and did way too much because I have important things the rest of the week. So yesterday, I did laundry and...
Cort
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Talk about reaching out and communication. Dennis Mangan, the leader of the CFS Working Group at the NIH, has set up a ListServe that will automatically send you information from the NIH on what their ME/CFS activities. This is another way Dennis is transforming the way the NIH operates with...