• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blogs

Categories

Latest Comments

• I Miss Movement as an Outlet
    I should try the mental movement thing more, for some reason I'm resistant to doing it. Maybe the energetic cost of concentrating, dunno...
  • I Miss Movement as an Outlet
    I love Tai chi! It was taught free at a park across the street when I was newly ill. Went to one class and that was all I could do. Amazing you...
  • Medical update
    Oh Emma Just the reading and registering this. Made me cry. So much love to you you sweet soul 💗💛💗 Love and appreciate you so much! and...
  • Medical update
    “You got my head above the clouds..” Thanks guys.
  • Medical update
    Awww, Andy. Very helpful ideas and You make some good points. Yes, something is up with my larynx. If I try to talk, much mucous forms over it...

Blogs statistics

Categories
Blogs
Blog entries
Views
Comments
my computer was infected at least 3 years ago. i gave it to my i.t. son-in-law who returned it after 3 months completely cleaned out. i opted out of facebook...was careful about surfing the net...didn't let anyone else take control of it. but for all my carefulness...there it was again...a...
I've been sitting on this story for a couple months now at the personal request of a couple physicians who were "on the fence" but I can now share with those who are interested in getting Ampligen, the future might be a little brighter. As you read this currently there are a number of the...
Hi All, Just wanted to share this link about a Vitamin D study done at The University of California. Higher Vitamin D Intake Needed to Reduce Cancer Risk Researchers at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine and Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha have...
taniaaust1
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
My boyfriend and I just had a fight over my doctor as I felt like my boyfriend wasnt listening to me. He was on my back to do a list to take the the doctor, the thing is my doctor HATES it when I take lists in and dont like me bringing many things up during an appointment, my doctor ends up...
A little update from the UK. On Monday I had my first taste of home support. I went from bed bound/supine from an hour or maybe 50 minutes on my feet. This has resulted in PEM which I expected but didn't quite expect the severity as most of the time my PEM comes from making medical...
This post is in response to a thread post made by CAA director Jennie Spotila on the "Suzanne Vernon, Agency Heads are Scared to Death" thread, post #66, p.7: http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?10202-Suzanne-Vernon-quot-%93Agency-heads-are-scared-to-death...if-XMRV-works-out-quot/page7...
muffin
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Get the News to Doctors Posted by Tina Marie Miller Tidmore on 1 March. So far, 243 people have viewed the instructions for "Doctors Need to Know". It's March 1, launch date. So, we invite you to see the public announcement of this action: http://mcwpa.org/2011/03/doctors-need-to-know/...
it seems so long inbetween times there is any real news about this hideous disease...i go long periods without checking on the current communication of the community. but i have never lost my gratitude for Cort who started this great forum and the Pheonix Rising website. for me, he...
Who Benefits Enough from What CAA does to Want to Give them $1M per Year? I find the whole anonymous donation thing very strange. My Dad was an executive director of a non-profit recently and with them and everywhere I've ever interacted with non-profits, they make the list of donors very...
Merry
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Safe Love by Lydia Davis She was in love with her son's pediatrician. Alone out in the country -- could anyone blame her. There was an element of grand passion in this love. It was also a safe thing. The man was on the other side of a barrier. Between him and her: the child on the...
SallyQ
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
:Retro frown:
Nico
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Someone posted this on Facebook today. http://www.themedguru.com/20101124/newsfeature/nibble-chocolate-cut-symptoms-chronic-fatigue-study-86142150.html This was my thought: interesting article...yet cocoa contains l-arginine, which in higher doses can cause problems with some CFS...
Xandoff
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I was listening to the song Industrial Disease by Mark Knopfler ("Dire Straits") on my ipod. It appeared on the 1982 album "Love over Gold. It occured to me that "Industrial Disease" is far a better moniker for CFS/ME or CFIDS or CFS/FM/ME. There is a lot of word play and irony in the song...
Nielk
6 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
This is for a member who made specific comments and others who stayed silent about it. Because it is ignorance that breeds hatred. It is ignorance that promotes bigotry and if ignored might result in violence. Jewish "Control" of the Federal Reserve: A Classic Anti-Semitic Myth...
Hi everyone, Tonight, Prof. Klimas will appear on the CBS Evening News to speak about a new study showing Spinal Cord inflammation in ME which is great. We need more studies showing encephalitis and myelitis in order to get people to call our disease ME rather than "CFS." As Klimas is in...
muffin
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Posted By: Tina Tidmore via Muffin Win up to $400 in the ME/CFS Awareness Day Video PSA Contest From their beds and wheelchairs, many patients worked together to place the first-ever ME/CFS ad in The Washington Post. Now its time to tackle a media ad on a grander scale; video. We would...
And now for something (slightly) different and absolutely artistic ... Well known published Author, Writer, Artist & Editor Terri Windling, from Arizona and currently residing in Devon, UK, is an established blogger whose website is choc full of her delightful, unique illustrations and...
Merry
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Dim Lady by Harryette Mullen My honeybunch's peepers are nothing like neon. Today's special at Red Lobster is redder than her kisser. If Liquid Paper is white, her racks are institutional beige. If her mop were Slinkys, dishwater Slinkys would grow on her noggin. I have seen...
My doctor who wont give me any melatonin, is on holidays.... so I thought I'd use that situation to my advantage and go and see the temporary doc. for while he's away and try the get fill in doc to give me prescription for some melatonin. So I took the empty box of my last lot of melatonin...
Hi All, Here is a quick article I saw on Natural News about Tart Cherries and muscle recovery. For what it's worth :) A peer-reviewed study put out by Michigan State University in 2008 identified a compound in tart cherries that helps naturally relieve pain better than over-the-counter...