• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blogs

Categories

Latest Comments

Blogs statistics

Categories
Blogs
Blog entries
Views
Comments
searcher
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I plan to expand on this list in future posts, but for now I wanted to list what I have found so far that has helped me in case it can be of assistance to others. I am still only at 50%, but I consider if a big improvement over a year of being at 20%. Gut: No Wheat- no more bloating or acid...
muffin
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
Time to Contact Patient Organizations http://apps.facebook.com/causes/posts/711549?m=90525af8 Posted by Tina Marie Miller Tidmore 30 March May 2011 will be big for ME/CFS awareness. Awareness means getting the message to the public. One way to do this is through advertising, which...
muffin
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
MCWPA.org Website and Forum Changes Posted by Andie Pring (MCWPA WebMistress:victory:) We are pleased to announce that the MCWPA website has recently been updated with new content and a more intuitive navigation bar. http://mcwpa.org/ In addition, the FAQs section of our forum has...
muffin
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Your Voice on Public Service Announcement Posted by Tina Marie Miller Tidmore 28 March via Muffin. The MCWPA team is pleased to announce that five entries have come in for the public service announcement contest. We are now inviting the patients to go to the Patient Discussion Board and...
Nico
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Yesterday i heard this radio show from the BBC about Internet addiction. I was worrying that I, too, may have a tendency toward internet addiction. I have family members - in good health - who wake up and go online....and I think could be online for 8, 12 hours a day. I believe one is a true...
Merry
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
A Clear Midnight by Walt Whitman This is thy hour O Soul, thy free flight into the wordless, Away from books, away from art, the day erased, the lesson done, Thee fully forth emerging, silent, gazing, pondering the themes thou lovest best, Night, sleep, death, and the stars...
muffin
5 min read
Views
User Blogs
http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC) The Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC) provides advice and recommendations to the Secretary of Health and Human Services via the Assistant Secretary for Health of the U.S. Department of...
muffin
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
PLEASE Read so everyone knows what MCWPA has done and is going to do. So much done in so little time and yet more to do especially in the next couple of VERY critical months. Read and get involved in any way possible! 2,172 Members as of 25 March 2011 - MCWPA started in August of 2010...
Cort
1 min read
Views
User Blogs
We are in the process of making major changes to Phoenix Rising. As part of that we are going to move the Forums to a new host and new URL on Thursday. It will take some doing and they will be down starting 11AM PST/2PM EST/1900 UK Time we believe, for about 6 hours, at the most. Sorry about...
muffin
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Both the SOK and CFSAC are coming up and it seems like a very goood idea for those of us attending either/both to wear shirts that show how unified we are. I think the government needs to see that we are a huge and growing force of sick people who have had more than enough and are going to put...
Cort
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
This is a free call on mastering moods and emotions if you're interested. The reason I'm putting this up is that I have personal experience with this person and she's good. She has mastered this subject pretty darn well. I don't know but I imagine there may be an attempt to enroll you in...
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I've caught my first real cold in about fifteen or so years. I am so, so sick. I was really rundown over the past weekend due to the continuing problems with my neighbor. And I ended up catching this thing. I'm a nyquil commercial. Normally, I never, ever catch colds. The only reason I...
Merry
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
1. Reveal thyself, reveal thyself but I am the one from whom God's face remains hidden. 2. In every field I searched and into the woods and cried, Where are the pink rimmed eyes of that white faced cow? 3. By night with fever I dreamed a dream full of longing...
Hi All, Here is an interesting article on EMF's and sleep cycle disturbances. I for one am going to get off the computer at least an hour before bedtime to see if that helps my sleep issues. http://www.naturalnews.com/031652_electronic_devices_sleep.html Hope Love Light
Merry
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
from Invisible: A Memoir by Hugues de Montalembert I lost my friends along with my sight. My girlfriend at that time refused to see me. Some people can't cope with it - that's all. But I didn't think much about it at the time. I was too absorbed in my fight to go back to life...
Merry
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
from Wild: An Elemental Journey by Jay Griffiths . . . Rasmussen relates a shaman, Igjugarjuk, telling him "True wisdom is only to be found far away from people, out in the great solitude, and it is not found in play but only through suffering. Solitude and suffering open the human mind...
muffin
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
KRFC Radio Show Announcement Tina Tidmore with the Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Worldwide Patient Alliance on Holy Hormones Honey!, March 7 from 6 to 7pm MST with live audiostream. CFS, is a debilitating disease that affects millions of people in the United States...
muffin
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
Over 500 have viewed the Doctors Need to Know instructions. We have 43 who have joined the event on Facebook. Doctors Need to Know Growing Posted by Tina on Mar 3 (via Muffin) Over 500 have viewed the Doctors Need to Know instructions. We have 43 who have joined the event on Facebook...
Nico
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I'm trying to do volunteer work at a local museum, for their library. I've learned some new things, perhaps a lot of new things, and I'm grateful for that. I last about 40 minutes - 60 mins in the library. There is wi fi, and I get so tired from it....today my vision became blurry as I was...
Merry
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
White Towels by Richard Jones I have been studying the difference between solitude and loneliness, telling the story of my life to the clean white towels taken warm from the dryer as though they were my children asleep in my arms. This poem by Richard Jones (American, born 1953)...