• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Blogs

Categories

Latest Comments

Blogs statistics

Categories
Blogs
Blog entries
Views
Comments
anciendaze
6 min read
Views
User Blogs
A long list of people who have tried to analyze wars from an economic standpoint have ended up with contradictory conclusions. In "Vom Kreige", Clausewitz couldn't find any separate purpose for war. "War is the extension of politics by other means." (Possibly true, but this begs another...
I just finished my 5 day water fast. I'm now gradually feeding myself with fruits and fruit juices. I expected that this fast will improve my ulcer and worsen my infectious prostatitis (they say fasting weakens immune system). However things didn't go exactly like that - fasting improved my...
anciendaze
7 min read
Views
User Blogs
During the Great Depression there was a recurrent theme of "Where did all the money go?" It has been a constant surprise to me that scarcely anyone asks where the money which had fueled the roaring twenties came from. My answer is that the U.S. enjoyed prosperity because all parties in the...
anciendaze
5 min read
Views
User Blogs
Today's news tells me the U.S. will not go out of business just yet. (This will prevent me from buying some choice items at the going-out-of-business sale.) Further down the page I find reports allowing me to add two more financial institutions to the list of those still figuring out what hit...
anciendaze
6 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
While I don't pretend to understand the current budget deal, I will hazard some observations about things noticed in the previous week. We had a House plan from Republicans, a Senate plan from Democrats, and a proposal from the Tea party for a balanced budget amendment, plus an analysis by the...
Bethany
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
by Bethany Yagci If I weren't ill... I wouldn't have to rely On my poor spirit weak as it is coming up Surprisingly stronger than all else. I would rely on my body, that washed up shell That is supposedly me which was Once my confidante now become my betrayer. My mind which...
I have previously suggested the problem with research on ME/CFS centers on a lack of funding for meaningful research with some chance of changing a dismal situation. I have also traced some current controversies to what I believe were scientific errors made decades ago, even before the label...
I am still encouraging anyone interested to send me a private message if you'd like to be invited to the group. And I would love to get a private message from anyone at all who has any questions or comments. I'd really like to know how much interest there is in this type of group. I see...
Carrigon
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
My doc appointment this week basically went like this: Me doctor, you dumb, confused patient. Me know what's best for dumb stupid patient. Okay, I may not have a medical degree, and I may not know everything there is to know about the human body, however, I have had to spent about...
Merry
3 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
[For those who have trouble reading large blocks of text, I have, below the text in original formatting, broken up the long paragraph of the prose poem.] Young Armless Man in the Barbecue Restaurant by Phyllis Koestenbaum The hostess seats a girl and a young man in a short-sleeve sport...
Had another busy couple of weeks with appointments. I saw my allergist .. I went there with a list of 5 things hoping to sort out but in the 45min appointment we only got throu a couple of things so I need to go back in a couple of weeks. One of my seizure incidents which manifested...
Jody
4 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I wrote this article for www.empowher.com -- 1. I can stay out of bed during the day. Before Chronic Fatigue Syndrome led me to my naturopath Dr. Kelly Upcott, I was spending anywhere from 5 to 8 hours during the daytime in bed. I was also sleeping 8 to 10 hours at night. The rest periods...
I wanted to see how much desire there is for such a group. Here is the link to the group: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/group.php?groupid=27
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/group.php?groupid=27 I am wriiting to announce the creation of a new group. Just to clarify, this is ideally a group for people who already know they are alchoholics/ addicts in recovery, just seeking to connect with each other here, as it may be difficult to...
goldiland
2 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
I am sorry to vent my frustrations but have thought a lot about this the last couple of days and am just disheartened by all of it. This has got to be the stupidest illness there is.....one characterized not by what it is but by what it is not. I was with Klimas last week and we went through...
Merry
1 min read
Views
Comments
User Blogs
An Apology by F. J. Bergmann Forgive me for backing over and smashing your red wheelbarrow. It was raining and the rear wiper does not work on my new plum-colored SUV. I am also sorry about the white chickens. This poem was a finalist for the 2003 James...
One aspect of the Lipkin talk at WPI was surreal, his appeal for someone to write a check for one million dollars to research CFS, MS, Parkinson's or diabetes. This at an institute which has been effectively blacklisted ever since they had the temerity to claim a new retrovirus was loose in the...
anciendaze
5 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
The last landing of a Space Shuttle provided a poignant moment for those interested in space exploration. For the foreseeable future U.S. astronauts will be riding expendable Russian rockets into space at some $60,000,000 a pop. That this represents a considerable savings reveals quite a story...
Misfit Toy
2 min read
Views
Reaction score
Comments
User Blogs
(Pretend that this is an actual ad in a newspaper. Like the old dating ads, minus the dating and the online craziness. Wait, we are online...yeek. Hope this goes well.) :Sign eek: Hello, I am looking for a friend. I am not looking for a dating partner, I am looking for a friend. Not...