• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

4 year anniversary, comparison with 2 years ago

Hey! I just noticed that I posted something on 2 year anniversary so it's a good comparison.

Here's the 2 year notes (first) followed by 4 year update

On the upside:
- I can work 10-20 ish hours/week // Now 20-25 hours/week
- Sometimes I can walk //I have phases when I walk every day, but when adding a new treatment or probiotic I herx like crazy and lose that
- Sometimes I can do yoga or very gentle strength training // I often do 2 gentle fitness classes/week now!! I've managed to add in Qi Gong as well as gentle yoga and sometimes get to gyrokinesis class too. :thumbsup:
- I can do household chores many days // Usually true, less so when doing a treatment
- I can drive myself on local errands so long as it's not a crash day// Still true, In December I drove myself to the beach and back (90 min) for a quick 2 night trip ...which was fun but I did crash with all the packing and whatnot.
- SIBO isn't gone but *seems* to be on the decline // SIBO will still come back if I overdo the sugar or snacks so some underlying cause is still active I guess
- Pathogenic gut bacteria mostly gone //hopefully still true
- My boss and co-workers remain supportive// Amazing, still true
-My partner remains supportive (if mystified) // Yep
- Overall the trend appears to be positive // I like to think so, but my partner says it's ups and downs, with no clear positive sign. His memory is clearly going :rofl:

On the Other Side
- Adrenals showed some improvement in last summer's test but are now totally tanked again//Adrenals are a lot better and I was able to quit taking hydrocortisone after a LONG taper
- Beneficial gut bacteria also mostly gone// Haven't tested in a while, not sure
- I still have transient viral symptoms // Sometimes, hard to tell
- I still have intermittent joint pain// Yeah and this might be getting worse yay Lyme
- The tiniest little bit of stress (ahem, recent snowstorm/ loss of power) puts me in the red and I have to sleep for days to catch up//
I think I have a little more resilience but not a lot.
- I have a hard time complying with SIBO dietary protocol because I'm so exhausted/ brain fogged all the damn time// This is actually a huge improvement. Since then I've been able to adopt and mostly stick to AIP which is even harder than SIBO. :balloons::cake::star:
Lots of cooking.

- I still am so isolated because I can't keep a social commitment most of the time// Hey, we all are now! :rolleyes:
- I really wish I could visit my family but am not strong enough to make the trip// Doesn't matter, they're isolating and I couldn't see them anyway!! Now we visit on zoom.

Okay, will this is a little encouraging.

Comments

"Okay, will this is a little encouraging."
I'm deeply impressed !!!

I think your improvement is absolutely terrific, and I hope everyone on this site reads this .... it's a real hope-generator, and it was lovely of you to post it for all of us ....

Onward an upward :rocket::rocket::rocket: !!!

Good afternoon,

Good news! I consider this illness my current full time job! Hate this job and I am going to leave it behind soon. I'd like to get back to work part time would be nice. I look forward to having a bit more normalcy once I complete the treatment I'm currently receiving. Keep your mind in a positive head space, despite it all! Although I haven't read your story in full, I understand the complexities of this illness and can tell that you are in a much better place today then you were 2 years ago. Congratulations my friend.

Blog entry information

Author
CedarHome
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from CedarHome