• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

3x2. Pills that is.

I've stepped up to 3 "teapills" of the Gui Pi Wan, twice a day. Today I woke up with slightly better energy and was actually able to get myself going fairly quickly, which is unusual for me, especially on a day when I have the luxury of sleeping in if I want to. I had two chores which had to be done-- my dog to the vet and a package to mail at the post office-- and I was able to get them both done by 10:00am. There was a time when I wouldn't even think of scheduling anything before noon if I could avoid it, so the fact that I was able to get up and out and get these things done this morning is pretty significant.

I actually got quite a bit accomplished today. I did some laundry, and mid afternoon we had a musician friend over to play some music. I did find myself starting to feel weak right around the time we started, which made sense because it was midday, and that is traditionally the time of day I feel the worst. But I didn't feel so weak that I had to stop, and though it wasn't my best rehearsal ever, it was good enough. I did get a second wind, and we played for about three hours. Amazing. And if that were not enough for one day, I went out for dinner with my husband afterward, and sat in the restaurant the whole time without feeling achy or tired. Often, when I go out, I just want to get home, but tonight I was able to enjoy it.

Still taking the fish oil capsules with each dose, and it seems that, as long as I do this, the eczema doesn't flare. I'm thinking of staying at this dose for a while, just to see if I can get back to something like the level of energy I had before I crashed and burned on my original dose, which was 4 pills, twice a day. That was before I joined this site, and I will have to describe it here in another post at some point. It was a month of feeling better than I have felt in close to 30 years. But it came at a price, and for the moment I am just happy to once again have some marginal level of improvement. I hope it will continue.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
LBS
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from LBS