• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Yeast-free Manna Bread

MonkeyMan

Just tried it for the first time today; was expecting something virtually inedible, and it was just the opposite: absolutely delicious, moist and yummy, like carrot cake or banana bread.

Anyone with candida/yeast/gut issues should definitely try this stuff.

Drew

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
You got my attention. Where did you find it? Can it be ordered over the internet? And do you know if it has wheat, gluten, or processed sugar?

I haven't had a single bite of any type of bread product since December and would love to find something bread-like that I can eat every once in a while.

L'engle

moogle
I buy a yeast free rye bread that only has 4 ingredients. It tastes great. I guess rye has gluten but I've never found it to be troublesome like wheat. It doesn't seem to cause candida. I don't know if you can get it anywhere other than British Columbia though.

MonkeyMan

PWCalvin--

It does have wheat, and therefore gluten. However, sprouted wheat is much easier to digest than the wheat in "normal" bread. There is no added sugar of any kind.

Manna Bread also makes wheat-free, gluten-free bread. I haven't tried it.

You can get Manna Bread at natural food stores, including Whole Foods Market. It's in the frozen foods section (to keep it fresh longer). Or you can order directly from the Manna Bread people. Go to http://www.mannaorganicbakery.com/ver.php?mod=information&identificador=2 for more information.

Hope this helps!

Drew