• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What went wrong?

lenora

I have personally experienced the weight gain (or shifting) of menopause, what SOME medications can do to the metabolism....and no, vitamins don't work for these problems, and no, I really have no appetite.

Being bedridden for long periods of time adds weight, lack of walking for sure, the speed of our metabolism, genetics (I'm from a family of heart problems), BUT I don't have wrinkles and I've certainly not what you would classify as overweight. I do try to eat healthy food, never, ever go to fast food places.....no desire to, don't drink alcohol and just try to be sensible. It's all so questionable. Yours, Lenora

hapl808

Like Rule No. 19: “If it’s a plant, eat it. If it was made in a plant, don’t.”

My brain is so fried that I stared at this for like five minutes. I kept trying to differentiate. Like, are grains made in a plant, or are they the plant itself?

Then finally I realized, duh, that it meant in a factory plant.

Currently crashed (not sure from what), so that's my excuse.

Wayne

My brain is so fried that I stared at this for like five minutes. I kept trying to differentiate.

Hey @hapl808 -- Have to say I got a good little chuckle out of your story. Below is a story I saved a few years ago by a woman with CFS. -- P.S. I was actually stumped for a few seconds myself.

My kids were watching Blues Clues and they had a riddle to solve. I was sitting there with my kids and when the riddle was said, I couldn't figure it out. This is a show for preschoolers and toddlers. The riddle?

What can mess up your hair, make a sailboat go, and make a kite fly?

lenora

Sorry @wabi-sabi, but yes being bedridden doesn't help in the least. My weight is now just shifting and perhaps at my age, this is normal. Suddenly my waist isn't what it was & the rest has followed.

My husband never gains, but he's having a problem with skin wrinkles, especially on his thighs. We just all look different.

Watching what we eat at least stops us from gaining even more. Yours, Lenora