• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin C for sleep (seriously!) - ameliorates excitotoxicity

Jigsaw

No, you're doing it in the wrong place. Your Adam's apple is in the bottom centre of your neck. The groove that runs between two distinct muscles runs from just below the POINT of the jaw, which is just in front of your ear. The angled bit of your jaw bone.

The point of your jaw is not your chin!

I don't have a diagram to hand, but the groove is more or less vertical, but just slightly on the diagonal, angled very slightly towards the centre, in most people's necks.

It was shown to me by an emergency room doc when my then-partner was having a panic attack. We used it to stop all of them after that.

Does that help?

The question is not the normalization of the level of cortisol. A normalization of the hormonal background of the adrenal glands. We can regulate cortisol but this does not lead to a normalization of the immune status.
What decisions can be made. For example keto diet, preparations of dry adrenals ??? with the normalization of cortisol ...

@Hip

@Hip - FWIW, I take the C throughout the day - breakfast, lunch and dinner, and actually don't take it before bed. So if it doesn't help taking it right before bed, you might try taking it throughout the day. I am taking about 3000 mg (in bulk ascorbate acid form) with each meal.

hi @Mary I had been taking Vitamin C and they made my sleep worst so I had to stop taking it .It was in L-ascorbic acid form. So you mentioned ascorbe one I was really wonder could it be problem because I used wrong one should I try ascorbate form. As far as I remember even if it made some problems with my sleep my sore throat and flu like symptom was gone at that time.

One of my naturopathic doctors put me on vitamin C 500mg for improving sleep. Maybe I should try the high-dose C-vitamin, now been only around 2000mg/day.