• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Video Recordings Available for NIH April 4th and 5th 2019 Conference re “Accelerating Research on ME/CFS”

Wally

FYI - I have been trying to access the two recordings of the conference, since they were made available yesterday. But I have run into difficulties with being able to watch the videos. Either I get a message that the videos are not currently available or if the video is available to view it ends up buffering shortly after it begins to play. The buffering loop continues until I close the links.

Anyone else having trouble viewing these videos?

ljimbo423

FYI - I have been trying to access the two recordings of the conference, since they were made available yesterday. But I have run into difficulties with being able to watch the videos. Either I get a message that the videos are not currently available or if the video is available to view it ends up buffering shortly after it begins to play. The buffering loop continues until I close the links.

Anyone else having trouble viewing these videos?

Have you tried lowering the video quality so it uses less of your internet bandwidth? If you hover over the "HD" symbol it gives you options to lower it. You might want to try "440k" or "240k".

Wally

Have you tried lowering the video quality so it uses less of your internet bandwidth? If you hover over the "HD" symbol it gives you options to lower it. You might want to try "440k" or "240k".
@ljimbo423 - I am currently trying to view the recordings on an iPad. The only option I get when hovering on the HD symbol is turning off and on “High Definition” - not sure if this is 240k and 440k (my tech knowledge is severely limited). I have tried switching between these two choices and the videos still end-up buffering.

I just checked a few minutes ago to see if there was any change in my viewing problems and the videos are now back to not being available. The message on the video screen says “Error loading media: File could not be played”. Below the actual video screen it says “Unable to load HLS”.

I don’t have access to a laptop or desktop computer right now. Stuck in bed, so I am trying to figure out if viewing problems are tech problems on my end or is it a NIH streaming problem. 🤕🤔

Jackb23

@ljimbo423 - I am currently trying to view the recordings on an iPad. The only option I get when hovering on the HD symbol is turning off and on “High Definition” - not sure if this is 240k and 440k (my tech knowledge is severely limited). I have tried switching between these two choices and the videos still end-up buffering.

I just checked a few minutes ago to see if there was any change in my viewing problems and the videos are now back to not being available. The message on the video screen says “Error loading media: File could not be played”. Below the actual video screen it says “Unable to load HLS”.

I don’t have access to a laptop or desktop computer right now. Stuck in bed, so I am trying to figure out if viewing problems are tech problems on my end or is it a NIH streaming problem. 🤕🤔

I had to download the files. I also couldn’t view them on the site.

Wally

@ljimbo423, @Jackb23 - Thanks for responding back to me. When I am upright again, I will try to see if the videos are accessible from my laptop or desktop computer. Unfortunately none of my tech devices are very new nor is my brain. 🤪