• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trouble breathing

Lee88

I’ve been having difficulty breathing since becoming ill again, last night I’m certain I stppped breathing whilst asleep and woke in a panic. I’ve never formally been diagnosed with POTs but assumed I have it, I’m on propranolol, but I think possibly I have the hyperadrenegic type. Or something else is going on. I always feel like I have lots of adrenaline running through my body, even when lying down.

It’s getting bad and I honestly don’t see myself lasting very long. It doesn’t help that I am clinically obese as well. I’m going to see my doctor today, but he will just dismiss me as anxious. I really don’t want to go out this way.

Thinktank

Have you ever tried not taking propranolol to see if it affects your breathing issue?
If the breathing problem only occurs during sleep then you should have a sleep study done, maybe it's apnea and that can be treated.