• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thinking that i should do something to give back and help our cause want to join me?

humanrising

I was deeply moved by the movie unrest and by a ton of Utube videos I ve watched in the last couple of months done by ME researcher's. I am also on the "war path" to see a "real doctor" instead of trying to beg plead and coax mainstream doctors to test or treat.

I know/knew there were not enough doc's and I knew research was slow but I didn't appreciate how bad it was or how hard some humans have been working to help us. The most heart breaking was seeing Ron Davis with his son, brings tears to my eyes just writing it.

so I thought maybe I could do some little thing that might just give a tiny boost to people like Ron Davis. I could send them holiday cards telling them "I see them" something that I feel we are always hoping for from others. To tell them thank you for what they have done and may do in the future. I was also thinking that it was worth sending cards to people like the NIH folks, people who have been on the front line or even the people who have been on the fence.
When I ve been able I send holiday cards to family and friends, if I don't get to them out for Christmas I send them Valentines cards. I made little pieces of art for cards last year, spent tons of time and love on them and can't say that they made much of an impact.

this year its time to change my recipient's!!

I haven't done it in awhile but I use to write "love letters" to strangers and leave them tucked in door ways under bridges in San Francisco in the tenderloin or in neighbor hoods in city's near me. I watched a sweet video about this guy in the UK who started doing this, he hid and videoed people reading them. Made me think how we hold onto a poignant message in a fortune cookie or how the right thing at the right moment can lift someone. I have written probably 50 letters and while I ve never seen how someone responded to reading it I felt more connected to others by just doing it,
just wanted to share this in case anyone might feel inspired to join me in adding those who are trying to do the best they can to their gratitude card list this year :)

humanrising

I am so glad that I posted this … insures I will do it!

I called Stanford to make sure I had the right address for ron davis. I told her wanted to send a xmas card and she was so delighted and even said thank you for sending it..... the small gestures that have meaning.
sure hope others join in! thank you tons if you can!!! :)

Seven7

Seven
I am so glad that I posted this … insures I will do it!

I called Stanford to make sure I had the right address for ron davis. I told her wanted to send a xmas card and she was so delighted and even said thank you for sending it..... the small gestures that have meaning.
sure hope others join in! thank you tons if you can!!! :)
Oh! Also, If you do digital cards we can massively sign per reaserchers or one per group! Great idea