• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplement ideas for neuropathy

Mimicry

Good news, I finally found out that the skin biopsy shows no small fiber neuropathy so no nerve damage! Apparently the pain is from ME itself. The vitamins don't seem to be helping the nerve pain anymore (though my migraines fortunately are still mild) but I also ordered phosphatidyl serine, so I'm gonna add that to my supplement stack next.

Mimicry

So, turns out phosphatidyl serine aggravates MCAS and it has made my symptoms (migraine, pain issues, POTS, PEM) much worse. (So did inosine, btw.) I'm super annoyed that I spent so much money on them but I'm glad I'm one step closer to solving the mystery behind my symptoms, because I've been wondering if I have MCAS and it seems like I indeed do.

Mimicry

Apparently folic acid (and any form of folate, due to it molecularly resembling glutamate) also increases histamine production, and my B12 supplement contains that... Bummer 😞 I need to find a new one, fortunately they're not expensive.