• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

[study] Jan 2023 Probiotic for pathogen-specific Staphylococcus aureus decolonisation

godlovesatrier

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanmic/article/PIIS2666-5247(22)00322-6/fulltext

"The trial was done between Jan 29 and June 30, 2021, with enrolment taking place from Jan 29 to April 6, 2021. 115 participants were colonised by S aureus, either in the intestine (n=84), nose (n=50), or both (n=19), and were randomly assigned to treatment (n=55) and placebo groups (n=60). Oral probiotic B subtilis resulted in significant reduction of S aureus in stool (96·8%; p<0·0001) and nose (65·4%; p=0·0002). There were no differences in adverse effects or significant microbiome changes between the intervention and placebo groups."

I've never seen bacilus show up on any of my 16s reports but I did see s aureus pop up once and then disappear in the next sample, could have been a lab error.

But thought those who had discussed S Aureus infection of the nasopharynx might find this useful info as this showed oral therapy helped.

In my case I took some a few days ago to re-try it and have just had quite bad fatigue nad brainfog whenever I eat any food, feel pretty good if I don't eat tho - hope that's a good sign! When I first took subtilis right at the start it made me have the best sleep I'd had in 8 years, sadly that only lasted about a week. It's a strong probiotic tho, the immune reaction I had when I took it was pretty full on and lasted 24 hours.