• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solve M.E. to Form Community Advisory Council

Emily Taylor

CAC_logo-500x392.png

Solve ME/CFS Initiative operates many programs and efforts regarding advocacy, education, and engagement and the new Community Advisory Council will create a formal mechanism for stakeholder input.

On May 31, 2019, Carol Head transitioned to a member of the Board of Directors due to her health. Carol led Solve M.E. with a patients’ experience and perspective which we continue to prioritize in our organization’s programs and research. With this in mind, Solve M.E. is calling for nominations for the new Community Advisory Council (CAC). The CAC will serve as a stakeholder mechanism to improve and promote communication and collaboration between Solve M.E. and the broader ME/CFS community.

CAC membership is open to anyone by nomination (including self-nomination) and is especially encouraged for people with ME/CFS, caregivers and family, advocates, academic partners, and public health professionals. We hope the CAC will increase community awareness, facilitate community education and support, and provide valuable input to improve programs and projects executed by Solve M.E.

To learn more about the CAC or to submit a nomination for the inaugural class of Community Advisory Council members, please visit www.solvecfs.org/CAC

Submissions for the 2020 – 2022 Class of Community Advisory Council Members will be accepted between October 10th, 2019 and December 20th, 2019.