• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Refinement of B1 Dose Induced Paradoxical Folate Deficiency

With the induced iron deficiency MCV can be very small. If combined with b12/folate deficiency (large mcv) instead of large or small MCV it can be average by both influences.
This is way late, but thank you for confirming this! My MCV was 93, in the midst of severe anemia and b12 deficiency. I wondered how the MCV could show virtually nothing, and wondered if perhaps the two confounded each other. The MD said that was impossible...I generally assume whatever is said to be 'impossible' is actually rather probable at this point.

whodathunkit

Yeah, this is a good thread. Big thanks to @Laurel6123 for floating it to the top!

Now I'm wondering how much of my own anemia (and the recovery I'm currently undergoing) might have been due to B2. Time to get out the old bloodwork!