• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Qunol Ubiquinol on Sale (Mega CoQ10) (Kaneka)

BeautifulDay

Generally, our Ubiquinol is prescription grade from the compounding pharmacy. However, our Mito Doctor got behind in filling out insurance paperwork (ughhh - research doctors) and we've temporarily had to go back to over-the-counter supplements. I've mentioned before that Ubiquinol in the Kaneka form seems to work best for me, but everyone is different.

Anyway, I'm a comparison shopper and the best place I had found the 100 mg Qunol Mego CoQ10 was at Costco. 120 pills for $34.99 (but this week they are even cheaper). So with a family with MitoD, I alone take 600 mg a day - that is 6 pills a day (one every 2-3 hours starting as soon as I wake-up until my 6 have been taken).

Be careful in comparison shopping, because most places don't carry the 120 pill bottle. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

I went to Costco today and they were on sale for $27.99 through June 17th. That's the best price I've ever seen them. In the future, if you find a good sale on Ubiquinol, I'd love to hear about it.

Qunol Ubiquinol Sale.jpg

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Anyway, I'm a comparison shopper and the best place I had found the 100 mg Qunol Mego CoQ10 was at Costco. 120 pills for $34.99 (but this week they are even cheaper). So with a family with MitoD, I alone take 600 mg a day - that is 6 pills a day (one every 2-3 hours starting as soon as I wake-up until my 6 have been taken).

Be careful in comparison shopping, because most places don't carry the 120 pill bottle. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

I went to Costco today and they were on sale for $27.99 through June 17th. That's the best price I've ever seen them. In the future, if you find a good sale on Ubiquinol, I'd love to hear about it.

I'm a comparison shopper too. I'm glad you found a form of CoQ10 that works for you so I will take that as a good recommendation.

I found two different strengths of Qunol Ubiquinol on Amazon that are also on the Subscribe & Save program where you save 15% as long as you buy 5 products at the same time. I'm always changing the dates and products I want on a weekly basis so I never feel like I'm locked in forever. At the moment I have about 30 different products from which I have 5 to 10 delivered at one time on my own schedule - not necessarily once a month. Amazon will send you an email a few days before a scheduled delivery so you won't be caught unaware.

Your cost at Costco for 100mg with 120 capsules per bottle costs $27.99 (23 cents per capsule).

Here is 100mg with 100 capsules per bottle, costing $22.94 (23 cents per capsule) on Subscribe & Save:
https://www.amazon.com/Qunol-Ubiquinol-Absorption-Supplement-Antioxidant/dp/B072LD2NZ7

This is 200mg with 90 capsules per bottle, costing $29.74 (33 cents per capsule) on Subscribe & Save, plus you get some Omega 3 (EPA and DHA):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071V2C2JV

This last one looks like the better buy since you get twice the CoQ10 (200mg vs.100mg) plus some Omega 3's.

For products that aren't on the Subscribe & Save program, which I didn't have time to look through:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/re...ubiquinol&unfiltered=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1528663276

BeautifulDay

@CFS_for_19_years Fabulous find! Thanks for sharing.

For me, I've found that taking the 100 mg more often throughout the day keeps my crashes to a minimum, rather than taking the 300 at breakfast and 300 more later in the day. I'm not sure about 200. I'll have to try it.

Thanks again!